|System → The Lord of the Rings10236 << 10237 >> 10240|
|The Tower of Orthanc|
The dungeon is the first floor of Orthanc is held up two 2x8 pillars, on the floor there is two bones (kept in place by red holders), two minifigure skulls and a grey rat. In the background there are some glowing eyes inside cells and three wargs achieved by stickers.
The entrance is the second floor of Orthanc and has two white hand banners on opposite sides, a small corridor leading to a dead-end and a grey microfigure posing as a small statue. On the floor there's a trapdoor leading to the dungeon which can be controlled by a piece just below meant for unwanted visitors.
The Throne Room is the third floor of Orthanc and includes another version of the Palantír this time a small grey and green ball which can light-up by pushing the chandelier on the roof of the second floor activating a light-up brick just below the Palantír. This room is very similar to the The Wizard Battle but does not have the feature in Saruman's throne.
The Alchemy room is the fourth floor of Orthanc and includes a bomb, the same as in Helm's Deep. It also contains a table with a couple of potions on top, in the middle there's a cauldron with silver 1x1 round studs which could represent gunpowder or metal.
The Library is the fifth floor in the tower and contains 5 paintings of the other wizards of Middle-earth including Saruman himself, Radagast and Gandalf the Grey. Around the room there's a table, two books and a scroll. In the middle of the room is the space for the foldable ladder on the ceiling leading to the attic.
The attic is the sixth and final floor of Orthanc and includes a helmet and a breastplate both with the white hand of Saruman and a scimitar on display. Also in this room is the other 3 staffs of the lost wizards one of which is Radagast's. On the wall is a picture of the Eye of Sauron on top of Barad-dur on both sides of the picture are two keys meaning to represent the two keys of the two towers of Middle-earth including The Tower of Orthanc, the other being Barad-dur located in Mordor. On the floor is the ladder down to the library.
An Ent, is included. It has flexible joints, and a throwing function at the back, allowing it to catapult minifigures held in it's hand.
The Tower of Orthanc was the tower in the middle of Isengard. Once a fortress of Gondor, it was now home to Saruman, the leader of the wizards, until he studied too deep into the arts of Sauron and tried to convince Gandalf to join with the dark lord. When Gandalf turned down his offer, they fought and Gandalf was imprisoned. After the battle, Saruman turned all of Isengard into a giant stronghold to create Uruk-hai. After Gwaihir rescued Gandalf from the tower, the grey wizard was able to bring news to the elves that Saruman had betrayed them. It continued to serve this evil role until (after burning down the southern edge of Fangorn) it was flooded by Treebeard and the other vengeful Ents.
- This is the largest set in the theme.
- Grima Wormtongue is exclusive to this set.
- Saruman's lower robe piece is exclusive to this set and also includes normal white legs.
Description from LEGO.com
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Build the The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy must-have model!
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
- Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf™ the Grey, an Uruk-hai™ and the Orc Pitmaster
- Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO® light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
- Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
- The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
- The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
- The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep™), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
- Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
- The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
- The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
- Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
- Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
- Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
- Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
- Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
- Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s Deep!
- Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
- Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
- Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tall
A promotional poster including the Mouth of Sauron