- Ole Kirk Christiansen's carpentry shop nearly went bankrupt during the Great Depression. With a lack of normal carpentry jobs, Ole Kirk started producing toys, many of which were wooden pull toys.
- Christiansen's carpentry shop was struck by lightning and burned down, for a second time. The first time this happened was in 1924, 8 years earlier.
- Kirstine Christiansen, Ole Kirk Christiansen's wife, died.
- Hilary Fisher Page founded Kiddicraft in Purley, Surrey. Kiddicraft would later produce the first interlocking plastic bricks, the forerunners to the LEGO brick.
Themes introduced or discontinued
- The first wood toy was released.