From Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki
- January 29: The original Danish patent filed in 1958 was granted.
- LEGO began to sell products in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Morocco and Japan.
- The first black bricks were introduced.
- The first LEGO plates were introduced.
- 518 2 x 4 Plates (architectural hobby und modelbau version)
- 518 2 x 4 Plates (cardboard box version)
- 519 2x3 Plates
- 520 2 x 2 Plates (architectural hobby und modelbau version)
- 520 2x2 Plates
- 658 Volkswagen Van
- 667 VW 1500
- 704 Samsonite Tube
- 704 Small Basic Set (Canister)
- 706 Medium Basic Set (Canister)