|System → Creator5865 << 5866 >> 5867|
6 - 12
5866 Rotor Rescue is a Creator set released in 2009. It contains 149 pieces and building instructions for three different models, including a helicopter, air show bi-plane, or a high-octane speed boat. The helicopter configuration in the set resembles a helicopter used by the US Coast Guard, mostly the Eurocopter Dolphin, hence the name Rotor Rescue. Although it resembles this, LEGO.com says it is a mountain rescue helicopter. It is recommended for children aged 6 through to 12.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) 3-in-1 LEGO® helicopter to the rescue!
There’s no need to fear when this heroic mountain rescue helicopter is on the job! With working rotors and a back ramp, it also includes instructions for rebuilding the pieces into an exciting air show bi-plane or a high-octane speed boat. A great 3-in-1 building experience!
- Helicopter to the rescue! Build it, then transform into a bi-plane or speed boat!
- Rotors on the helicopter rotors really spin!
- Ages 6+
- Even though the helicopter is not up to minifigure scale, its 2 other models, the speedboat and the biplane are made up to minifigure scale.
- In the biplane model the second wing can be lifted off which creates the impression of a sports plane.
- On LEGO.com you can get the instructions to make another boat that is powered by a propeller engine at the back.
- The helicopter is seen in singer Ed Sheeran's music video for the song "Lego House."
- LEGO Shop
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds