|System → Star Wars → Episode V The Empire Strikes Back6211 << 6212 >> 6213|
8 - 12
The set 6212 X-Wing Fighter was released in 2006 as part of the Classic Star Wars line. Included are Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2-D2, and Chewbacca minifigures. It is one of the only 2 sets to include Wedge Antilles. The X-Wing can be customized as Luke's Red 5 or Wedge's Red 2 X-Wing.
- The rare factory-error Princess Leia (As seen in the 10198 Tantive IV set) was also present in this set but wasn’t nearly as common. Because of this, the factory-error Princess Leia was also obtainable with her Hoth alternative Torso.
- Princess Leia's normal hair also does not match her torso piece; the hairpiece is from Episode IV (A New Hope), and the torso is from Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back).
- The set includes stands for the striped tiles that can be used to customize the fighter to be either Wedge's Red 2 or Luke's Red 5.
- Oddly, this set depicts Wedge's X-wing as being Red 3 instead of Red 2 (due to the number of red tiles the builder is instructed to put on the wings of the fighter). The instruction manual also incorrectly calls Wedge's fighter Red 3 instead of Red 2. Red 3 is actually Biggs Darklighter in the Star Wars universe.
- Even though this set was created in 2006, it hasn't been discontinued and is still up for purchase at Toy's R Us. This makes it by far the longest-running LEGO Star Wars set with a record of five years. It has been discontinued in the UK, although it can still be found in very few Toy's R Us stores in the US.
- Some of the sets have the newer Han Solo face rather than the older one. You can tell by the pupils.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Fly with the heroes of the Rebel Alliance!
Build one of the most famous ships of the Star Wars saga! In the hands of the Rebel Alliance’s brave pilots, the X-wing starfighter helped to destroy two massive Death Stars. With S-foil wings that open to attack position, folding landing gear, a cargo hold and lots of authentic details, this Star Wars set includes the first-ever LEGO minifigure of Rebel hero Wedge Antilles, as well as several hard-to-find characters.
- Features parts to customize your starfighter as either Luke Skywalker’s Red Five or Wedge’s Red Two X-wing!
- Includes Wedge Antilles, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca and R2-D2 minifigures!
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds