|System → Town → Flight6596 << 6597 >> 6598|
The set contains an airport terminal, a control tower, a small hangar, a runway, a gangway, several ground support vehicles, a cargo helicopter with tandem rotors, a small helicopter, an aeroplane and twelve minifigures, including pilots for the plane and helicopters and airplane workers, including a policeman.
The included ground vehicles comprise of a small tank truck, a baggage car and a forklift. Each smaller vehicle sits one minifigure. The tank truck has a hose attached to the rear and held through string. The baggage car carries a staircase for the plane. It can fit three briefcases in the open trunk. The forklift comes with cargo crates and has the ability to lift them up and lower them down.
The airport building is built along two baseplates, one with roadways and another thinner one. The building includes inside a check-in counter, a separate baggage check-in, a display with major cities and flying times, three lockers, a phone booth and a waiting area with two seats on the ground floor. The upper floor contains two seats with a table and a small observation platform.
The aeroplane has four light-grey passenger seats and a small baggage compartment. The top opens from unhinging the left side of the roof, where these hinges are located above the windows. The pilot seat fits one person with little room elsewhere.
The set also includes two yellow helicopters. The first seats one pilot while the cargo helicopter holds luggage in the back along with the pilot up front. The cargo helicopter features two rotors on top.
- This was the third LEGO System airport out of five released to date. It is also currently the one that contains the most pieces and minifigures, as well as the most aircraft (two helicopters and a plane).
- This set was re-released in 2004 as 10159 City Airport. There were, however, several slight differences.
- 6392 Airport (1985, Town)
- 6396 International Jetport (1990, Town)
- 7894 Airport (2006, City)
- 3182 Airport (2010, City)