|System → Pirates70412 << 70413 >> 70500|
|The Brick Bounty|
70413 The Brick Bounty is a Pirates set that was released in March 2015. A "Name the Ship" contest was held on ReBrick from April 7 to April 13 in 2014 to determine the name of the new ship. The results, which were released on May 1, 2014, revealed "The Brick Bounty" as the winning name, though the results also mentioned that it cannot be guaranteed that this name will ultimately be used for the ship. However, it was later revealed that the name was retained when a list of 2015 Pirates sets was found.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Battle on the high seas with The Brick Bounty!
Hoist the Jolly Roger and set sail! The pesky pirates are heading for the high seas aboard their mighty galleon, with a chest full of booty stashed in the hold. But the Bluecoat Soldiers have caught up with them in their rowboat and are ready for action! Help the Bluecoat Soldiers commandeer the vessel and recover the stolen treasure. Launch a fierce broadside attack and board the ship. Then draw your weapons and defeat the scurvy pirates. When you’re done, put the rogues behind bars and lock them up for good! The awesome LEGO® Pirates Brick Bounty features 2 tall masts with huge sails, rigging and crow’s nests, Jolly Roger, working winch with anchor, cannons, walk-the-plank function and a saw-nosed shark. Includes a skeleton and 7 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: a pirate captain, pirate first mate, pirate cabin boy, pirate cook, Bluecoat Admiral, Bluecoat Sergeant and a Bluecoat Soldier.
- Includes a skeleton and 7 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: a pirate captain, pirate first mate, pirate cabin boy, pirate cook, Bluecoat Admiral, Bluecoat Sergeant and a Bluecoat Soldier
- Features The Brick Bounty, rowboat and a saw-nosed shark
- The Brick Bounty features 2 masts with huge sails, rigging and crow’s nests, pirate flag, ship’s wheel, lanterns, working winch with anchor, 3 spring-loaded cannons and a walk-the-plank function
- Rowboat features a stud shooter andpaddles
- Weapons include a golden cutlass, a cutlass, 2 pistols and a musket
- Accessories include a telescope, bottle, pan, paddles and a treasure map
- Head for the high seas
- Unfurl the sales
- Board the mighty pirate ship!
- The Brick Bounty measures over 17” (45cm) high, 18” (48cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide
- Rowboat measures over 1” (4cm) high, 4” (11cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide
- Spring-loaded cannons measure over 2” (6cm) long, under 1” (2cm) high and under 1” (2cm) wide
This is a description taken from ReBrick. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Sail ho! Early next year a new ship will set sails on the LEGO waters joining Brickbeard’s Bounty and the Black Sea’s Barracuda in the never ending search for treasure. And do you want to know something really awesome? You can help name it! That is right. This is a contest for finding the best name for a LEGO Pirate Ship. Aye, Matey!
From April 7th until April 13st, we invite you to take part in a ‘naming’ competition. The name must be original and cannot have been used before in other commercial relations. You can only suggest five (5) names – so make sure to do some research before suggesting a name.
The Who, What, Where and Why:
- The contest is open to all users 16 years and older holding a ReBrick account.
- To submit an entry: Write your suggestion as a comment to this blog post. You can only suggest five (5) different names. Non-commercial names only.
- The contest begins April 7nd 2014 at 9:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) (that’s 15:00 Central European Time). Entries submitted to ReBrick before this date and time will not be accepted into the contest. The competition is open for submissions until April 13st, 2014 at 8:59 A.M. EST (14:59 CET).
- Official Judging will begin at 9:00 A.M. EST on April 14th 2014 and will end at 9:00 A.M. EST on April 30th 2013.
- The team of judges will review the names and select one (1) grand prize winner. The names will be reviewed based on creativity, originality and relation to theme.
The jury will consist of:
- Frederikke Hoff, Community Editor at the LEGO Group
- Nicholas Groves, Creative Design Lead
- Bjarke Lykke Madsen, Senior Designer
All entries and entrants must follow the ReBrick House Rules.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the official rules. Any form of cheating will result in a banning of user profile from ReBrick.
One (1) grand winner will receive a prize of:
- The chance to have your name suggestion be the name of the actual LEGO pirate ship.
- A signed version of the undisclosed pirate set
This is a description taken from ReBrick. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) After much consideration by our panel of judges, the winning name of the ‘Name the Ship’ contest has been selected. The jury found that there were a very high number of strong suggestions and it was truly difficult to select a winner. The criteria on which the winning name was selected, was:
- In line with the values and identity of the LEGO brand.
- Solid ties to the heritage of classic LEGO Pirate ships.
- Appealing across genders, age and languages
And the winning name is…..
The Brick Bounty
Please congratulate legobuffproductions. He will receive a signed version of the undisclosed pirate set when it comes out in 2015. And obviously the chance to have their name suggestion be the name of the actual LEGO pirate ship… We cannot make any promises, but we’ve been told that the designers REALLY like the name. So fingers crossed!
Thank you for all the great suggestions, enthusiasm and engagement!!! And stay tuned for new and future events. Happy bookmarking, everyone! And obviously: Arrr!!