|System → Star Wars → Episode I: The Phantom Menace7170 (1, 2) << 7171 >> 7172|
|Mos Espa Podrace|
8 - 12
7171 Mos Espa Podrace was released in 1999 as part of the LEGO Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace line. The set replicates the Podrace from that film, and includes three Podracers, three Pit Droids, Anakin Skywalker (Episode I), Gasgano, Jar Jar Binks, Padmé Naberrie, Qui-Gon Jinn, R2-D2 and Sebulba Minifigures.
- In order to increase the structural stability of the Podracer models, their design incorporates brick-built, sand-coloured booms that connect the Pods to the transparent parts of the energy couplings. These booms are not part of the actual Podracer vehicles within the Star Wars universe; they are a feature of the toy put there to hold the pods together. The sand color was chosen as it would blend with the Boonta Eve Classic's desert course.
- This set (as did many of its era) had some alternate models in the instruction booklet. They were speeders for Jar Jar Binks and Padme, a giant hovercraft, a small speeder bike, many small ships, a grandstand, two dropships, and a giant robot.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it.
Race in Anakin's Podracer — but hold on tight!
The sport of Podracing is so dangerous that only one human dares to try it — Anakin Skywalker. And it's your job to help him! Build Anakin's Podracer. Then check out the competition — Sebulba and Gasgano. Now get ready for the high-flying action! You'll need quick reflexes and nerves of steel to win!
- Comes with three Podracers, 3 pit droids, Padmé Naberrie, Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jar Jar Binks, Sebulba and Gasgano!
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds