|System → Atlantis8058 << 8059 >> 8060|
7 - 14
The Seabed Scavenger is a three-wheeled submarine used to move around the seafloor. From the hubs of the front wheels extend two articulated robot arms, one equipped with a giant disk saw, the other with a large robotic claw. In the middle of the vehicle is a one-man cockpit with a transparent neon-green canopy. Behind the canopy are two searchlights, a small antenna tower with navigation lights, and two flick-fire missiles.
The cockpit contains just a single control stick and is technically not watertight, since there are large gaps underneath the cockpit that would allow water to enter.
The Scavenger was first built by Dr. Jeff Fisher; it was later rebuilt by Captain Ace Speedman, using bricks found in the docking bay of the Neptune, though the included Minifigure is Lance Spears.
Both the saw and the claw are versatile tools, with the saw being able to cut with the same ease through seaweed and rocks, while the claw can handle delicate tasks like grabbing small items, as well as more blunt jobs such as crushing heavy objects.
- The vehicle's wheels are the same as seen on many Power Miners vehicles, such as 8959 Claw Digger or 8960 Thunder Driller.
- The green Manta Ray key was also included in 8075 Neptune Carrier and 8076 Deep Sea Striker.
- Lance Spears is shown with a black harpoon launcher on the box, though there is no such harpoon launcher included in the set.
- The first vehicle Dr. Jeff Fisher made tore up the docking bay of the Neptune.
- The claw cannot open or shut like the claw in the Power Miners set 8957 Mine Mech.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Explore the sea floor, but watch out for danger!
Leaving no coral-covered rock unturned, the 3-wheeled Seabed Scavenger rolls along the ocean floor in search of clues to the location of Atlantis. Suddenly, a glint of light – it’s the fabled green treasure key, guarded by a fierce Manta Warrior! Even with the deep-sea vehicle’s grab claw, spinning saw and flick-firing torpedoes, this is going to be one tough battle! Includes Manta Warrior with trident and deep-sea diver minifigures.
- Includes Manta Warrior minifigure and 1 diver minifigure.
- Two flick firing torpedos!
- Spinning saw weapon and grab claw!!
- Collectable green treasure key! Collect each one!
- Measures 10" (25cm) long!
- This set could be found at Toys-R-Us stores in the US beginning in December, one month before the official world-wide release date.
- Mentioned in the vehicle section on the LEGO Atlantis website
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds