|System → Power Miners8957 << 8958 >> 8959|
7 - 12
8958 Granite Grinder was released in January 2009 as part of the LEGO Power Miners line (being set number 3 in the series). Included are Duke (Version 2) and one Glaciator monster Minifigures. It has an alternate model called Cargo Crusher.
The Granite Grinder is a small Power Miners set. It contains a small vehicle - of the title - and a Rock Monster (Glaciator). The Grinder's main goal is to drill into rock. It has a headlight on one side of its body and an axe stowed on the other. In the back of the vehicle are two oxygen tanks. The Granite Grinder rolls on tank treads. When you move it forward, it makes the drill look like it's running.
The Granite Grinder was typically used to collect Power crystals and was one the smaller mining vehicles in the Power Miners 'fleet'.
- Part:85077 is unique to this set.
- Along with 8709, this is one of two sets in which Part:4080 is Orange.
- This set was included in the Product Collections set 66319 3 in 1 Superpack
- The name is a tribute to the Rock Raiders set of the same name, 4940 Granite Grinder
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Hammer out those crystals!
Krakk! Krakk! Krakk! The rough, tough Granite Grinder is hunting for crystals, and its double-pronged jackhammer is just the tool for the job! Smash apart rocks, load crystals into the trailer, and haul ‘em back to base. Jackhammer really works when vehicle treads roll!
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds