|Battle at the Black Gate|
|Play the game:|
The last great battle for Middle-earth is about to be fought. Frodo and Sam are nearing Mount Doom where they can finally destroy the Ring of Power and with it the Dark Lord Sauron, but time is against them. You must defend against the enemy attack waves for as long as you can, buying precious time for the Ringbearer to destroy the One Ring and save Middle-earth from catastrophe.
How To Play
When the game is started, the player is offered to choose 3 characters to use form the following: Gandalf the White, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, or Pippin and Merry. Each of these characters have unique abilities in the game. Once the three are chosen, the player can start the game. When started, the three chosen characters stand in a line near the Black Gate. Waves of enemies, consisting of several different types of units, begin to come at the player. The player then clicks on one of his/her characters, activating him. The player then clicks on or near one of the attackers. The chosen character then attacks the enemy in whichever way he does so. Then, the character begins to recharge. While he is recharging, the player must select another character, and attack the enemies with him.
Every once in a while, circular icons appear on the battlefield. If these are clicked, another icon appears in the upper left corner of the game. If selected, a 'super attack' happens, which normally destroys large numbers of units. There are several different types of these, and range from a juggernaught run down the front lines, smashing all the enemies to Great Eagles flying across and smashing all enemies.
If enemies are allowed to get close enough to attack the player's characters, they will do so, depleting their health. If a character's health is depleted, they smash and disappear. If enemies then get through the lines, or if they get through another way, the player loses lives. If all of the player's lives are lost, the level is lost and must be replayed.
If a level is finished with at least one life left, the player unlocks the next level. There are eight levels total to be unlocked, each of them progressively harder than the last.
- Gandalf the White - Sends off a long-range large blast of power, causing a high amount of damage. Takes a medium amount of time to recharge.
- Aragorn - Runs out of the line, and to the indicated enemy. Proceeds to slash at the enemy, causing a small amount of damage, then runs back to the line to recharge. Takes a short amount of time to recharge.
- Legolas - Shoots a long-range arrow, which causes a small amount of damage. Takes a short amount of time to recharge.
- Gimli - Runs out of the line, and to the indicated enemy. Proceeds to swing his axe at the enemy, causing a large amount of damage, then returns to the line to recharge. Takes a large amount of time to recharge.
- Pippin and Merry - Throws a short-range three-shot attack of apples. Causes medium-high damage. Takes a medium amount of time to recharge.
- Gollum - Throws a long-range fish at an enemy, causing a high amount of damage. Takes a short amount of time to recharge.
|This article or section is incomplete.|
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
- Mordor Orcs - The weakest units in the game. They consist of a single Orc with a sword. Causes a small amount of damage if they attack a character.
- Uruk-Hai - Second-weakest units in the game. Can cause a medium amount of damage is they hit a character.
- Cave Troll - A heavily armored character. Can cause a high amount of damage if they attack a character.
- Uruk-Hai battalion - Consists of several Uruk-Hai in a square formation. Have the highest health, and cause a high amount of damage is they attack a character.
- GOLLUM – Unlocks Gollum, who is arguably the best player of the game.