|Blacktron Future Generation|
Blacktron Future Generation is a faction featured in LEGO's Space theme and was introduced in 1991. It's a visually updated continuation of the original Blacktron line from 1987. It is commonly known as Blacktron II.
In 1991, Blacktron received a makeover: black with white trim, M-Tron's neon yellow canopies, as well as new uniforms. It also replaced the creative but haphazard interchangeability of Blacktron with refined and mostly uniform cockpit globes (best seen here), which could be switched unimpeded between those ships. Only three sets of eleven featured them. Blacktron Future Generation seemed to be mostly a rehash Blacktron on a set-by-set basis.
- Rench, Space Villain, and Blacktron Fan sport the Blacktron Future Generation logo on their torsos to pay homage to the theme.
- Blacktron Future Generation and Space Police II were featured in The LEGO Movie (1995)
- Other appearances
- 6897 Rebel Hunter (1992), contained one Blacktron minifigure as a prisoner
- 6957 Solar Snooper (1992), contained one Blacktron minifigure as a prisoner
- 6984 Galactic Mediator (1992), contained one Blacktron minifigure as a prisoner