- This article is about the animal. For the wood toys, see Dog (disambiguation).
plain/printed, normal/Alsatian/Belville/DUPLO, see Fluffy/Friends
1976 - present
|[List of appearances]|
Dogs are animals that have had several different appearances in a wide variety of LEGO themes since 1976 and as recent as 2013. Since they were debuted in the early 1900's, there has been a wide range of variations of the piece.
The earliest appearance of a dog was when the Wooden Toys were around and two wooden dogs were made. One was called Dog (Hund) and the other wood toy was called Terrier (Hund). They also released a set called Wooden Pluto based on the Disney character, Pluto.
The earliest appearances of a dog as a plastic LEGO brick was in the DUPLO set 082 LEGOVILLE. Not much more than a white brick attached to a black brick and printed with a dog's face, dogs since then have taken much more detailed forms, ranging from the canine residents of Fabuland, like various buldogs and Dr. Dog, to the highly detailed DUPLO version of Disney's Pluto and the realistic animals seen in many City sets. Currently there most recent variations have been in the City theme: a German Shepherd variation introduced in 2011, a Dalmatian variation introduced in 2013 and a Chihuahua released also in 2013.
Even before the standard dog was introduced, the 2001 Harry Potter set 4706 Forbidden Corridor had featured a multipart model of Fluffy, the enormous three-headed guard dog. The standard System dog first appeared in 2004. Initially exclusive to the Harry Potter theme. When appearing with the Harry Potter theme it was representing Sirius Black. Eventually it appeared in the City line in 2006 and has featured in many sets, particularly as a police dog. It was solid dark grey then solid brown with concave eyes and no printing.
In 2011 it was replaced by a new, more detailed mould with longer triangular ears and printed eyes and nose. Its body colour is nougat with black spot on its nose which is supposed to resemble a German Shepherd (Alsatian). In 2013, a new version (white with black printed spots) representing a Dalmatian will appear in the City theme.
In 2013 a new mould of a chihuahua appeared in 10th series of Minifigures (theme) as a trendsetter's accessory. This dog is a one-stud brown figure in sitting position with large printed eyes and nose. It has distinctive pointy ears.
A new mould for a Husky appeared in 2014 as a part of the City theme.
The grey stone dog is a playable character in LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game as a guard dog. It is able to dig, and bites as a defense tactic.
The first Belville dog was introduced in sets in 1994, and joined the following year by a smaller puppy. Both were originally plain, but later sets would feature versions with printing. In 1998, Scala introduced new dogs and puppies that had even more detailed, multi-coloured printing patterns for different dog breeds.
The first realistic DUPLO dog appeared in 1986 and resembled a black Scottish terrier. A new dog was introduced in 1998 and was available in either dark orange, or with dalmatian patterning. The most recent DUPLO dog appeared in 2007 and is available in tan, black or dalmatian variations.
For this theme three different dog moulds were introduced so far. In 2012 a long-eared puppy called Scarlett was released as well as a puppy with raised ears, which comes in different colour variations. In 2013 a new poodle was released in two variations.
|This article or section is incomplete.|
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
- 137 Hospital - Dr. Dog
- 140 Town Hall - Buldog Firefighter 1
- 347 Doc David's Hospital - Dr. Dog
- 350 Town Hall with Leonard Lion & Friends - Buldog Firefighter 1
- 3603 Boris Bulldog and Mailbox - Boris Bulldog
- 3638 Buster Bulldog's Fire Engine - Buster Bulldog
- 3639 Inspector Dogge and Kalle Crocodile - Inspector Dogge
- 3642 Fire Engine - Buster Bulldog
- 3643 Police Van - Inspector Dogge
- 3664 Police Station - Buldog Firefighter 1, Inspector Dogge
- 3669 Fire & Police Station - Buldog Firefighter 1, Buldog Firefighter 6
- 3672 Hotel Restaurant - Dr. Dog
- 3675 General Store - Boris Bulldog
- 3682 Fire Station - Barty Bulldog, Bertie Bulldog
- 3786 Buzzy Bulldog - Buzzy Bulldog
- 3789 Constable Clarke - Inspector Dogge
- 3793 Buzzy Bulldog's Mailbox - Buzzy Bulldog
- 3794 Police Motorcycle - Inspector Dogge
- 3797 Fire Chief - Barty Bulldog
- KCF06 Dog Key Chain - Dr. Dog
- KCF28 Bulldog Key Chain - Buzzy Bulldog
- KCF40 Bulldog Key Chain - Boris Bulldog
- KCF52 Bulldog Key Chain - Buldog Firefighter 1
- KCF55 Dog Key Chain - Dr. Dog
- Dark stone
- Reddish brown
- 2824 City Advent Calendar
- 4999 Vestas Windmill
- 5612 Police Officer
- 7237 Police Station – 2 dogs included
- 7566 Farmer
- 7637 Farm
- 7744 Police Headquarters
- 8403 City House
- 9247 Community Workers (2006) – 2 dogs included
- 10176 King's Castle
- 10197 Fire Brigade
- Dark orange
- Nougat (Alsatian)
- 4441 Police Dog Van – 2 dogs included
- 7285 Police Dog Unit
- 7279 Police Minifigure Collection
- 7553 City Advent Calendar
- 4428 LEGO City Advent Calendar 2012
- 10659 Blue LEGO Suitcase
- 10675 Police: The Big Escape
- 60048 Rogue Hideout – 2 dogs included
- 66388 Police Super Pack
- 66389 City Super Pack
- 66412 City Police Twin-Pack
- 66427 City Police Super Pack 4 in 1
- 66428 City Police Super Pack
- 70400 Forest Ambush
- White with black spots (Dalmatian)
- Puppy with raised ears
- 3183 Stephanie's Cool Convertible
- 3316 Friends Advent Calendar
- 3934 Mia's Puppy House
- 3942 Heartlake Dog Show
- 41025 Puppy's Playhouse
- 41026 Sunshine Harvest
- 41055 Cinderella's Romantic Castle
- 850849 LEGO Friends Doghouse Holiday Bauble
- Puppy with long hanging ears
- 3188 Heartlake Vet
- 3942 Heartlake Dog Show
- 41011 Stephanie's Soccer Practice
- 41085 Animal Care Clinic
- 75900 Mummy Museum Mystery
- 75901 Plane Chase Escape
- 75902 Mystery Machine
- 75903 Haunted Lighthouse
- 75904 Mystery Mansion
- Error creating thumbnail: mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/mediawiki/job/15438’: No such file or directory
limit.sh: failed to create the cgroup. convert: corrupt image `/var/www/images/lego/e/e9/Dog03.gif' @ error/gif.c/ReadGIFImage/1372. convert: no images defined `/tmp/transform_d856f30e5af2.gif' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3210.Error code: 1
System dog as Sirius Black
Fluffy - the giant three-headed dog