- This article is about The Adventurers subtheme. For the City subtheme, see Jungle (City).
Jungle (also known as Amazon) was an Adventurers subtheme released in 1999. Like the other Adventurers themes it lasted for only a year and showcased a wide variety of new pieces and minifigures. It was also featured in the video game LEGO Racers as a track and some of the characters were racers. This sub-theme, however, was the smallest of the Adventures sub-themes.
The Adventurers have headed to the jungle to find the ancient Sun Disc, a powerful artifact protected by the mysterious Achu. The Adventurers are also pitted against Señor Palomar and Rudo Villano, who are also attempting to find the disc. Both factions strive to collect the treasures for different reasons. The Adventurers for historical preservation and the other for fame and money.
- Characters introduced
- Señor Palomar – The main antagonist of the Amazon Jungle theme. (aka Senor Gomez)
- Rudo Villano – Señor Palomar's closest criminal partner. (aka Max Villano)
- Gabarro – A sailor who works for both the adventurers and the villains.
- Achu – The ancient guardian of the Sun Disc.
Many of the pieces introduced in this theme are only available in Jungle sets, including:
- This theme is the smallest Adventurers subtheme, and ran only in the year 1999 (Dino Island and Orient Expedition also lasted for one year only, 2000 and 2003 respectively, but they had more sets).
- In LEGO Island 2, you have to fly through the Amazon Jungle on a mission, as well as being able to fly over and see Achu's temple.