|LEGO The Hobbit: The Video Game|
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, 3DS, PC, and Mac
The game will be set around the first two films of Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy, An Unexpected Journey and Desolation of Smaug. Playable characters include Bilbo Baggins and Gandalf the Grey, alongside all of the dwarves: Thorin, Fíli, Kíli, Óin, Glóin, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori, and Ori. Warner Bros. adds that each dwarf will have his own unique ability, mentioning that Bombur can use his belly as a trampoline.
Locations visited will include Bag End, Hobbiton, The Misty Mountains, Goblin-town, Mirkwood, and Rivendell.
Players "will also be able to mine for gems, discover loot from enemies, and craft powerful magical items or build immense new LEGO structures," according to the game's press release, suggesting that Minecraft-esque elements could make their way into the next LEGO adventure.
Minifgures included (with pre-order)
- The game was revealed via the instruction booklets in the The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug sets.
- Ori appears in stills and the trailer with no cape on, unlike his physical appearance.
- The official demo was released in March 2014.
- The game's ad as shown in the back of an instruction booklet.
- Lego: The Hobbit officially announced for 2014 - GameSpot
- The character is shown to be holding this weapon in their corresponding character infobox image.
- LEGO The Hobbit launch trailer