From Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki
- January: Godtfred Kirk Christiansen met Troels Petersen, the toy buyer from Magasin du Nord, the largest department store in Copenhagen, and discussed the fact that all toys seemed to be one-off items and that there was no cohesive toy system available.
- May 1: The word LEGO was officially registered in Denmark.
- Godtfred Kirk Christiansen became junior managing director of The LEGO Company.
- The first 1x1 round bricks were introduced.
- New window and door elements were introduced. The new window sizes were 1x6x4 (panorama), 1x6x3 (3 pane), 1x6x3 (shuttered), 1x4x3 and 1x3x3. The new door size was 1x2x4.