From Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki
|Too many red links!|
This article has an excess of red links in it.
Attention is requested to create new articles from these links. Please remove this message when finished.
- The number of LEGO employees reached 9,500, its peak.
- The first LEGO computer game, LEGO Island, was released.
- The first fiber-optic elements were introduced.
- A container ship with 4,756,940 LEGO pieces was hit by a huge wave west of England, dumping the pieces into the sea.
Themes introduced or discontinued
- Fright Knights, a sub-theme of Castle, was introduced.
- UFO, a sub-theme of Space, was introduced.
- Divers, a sub-theme of Town was introduced, then discontinued.
- Outback, a sub-theme of Town was introduced, then discontinued.
- Roboforce, a sub-theme of Space, was introduced, then discontinued.
- Aquaraiders, a sub-theme of Aquazone, was introduced, then discontinued.
- Wild West was discontinued.
- Exploriens was discontinued.
- Paradisa was discontinued.
- Pirates was paused until 2009