|System → Architecture21017 << 21018 >> 21019|
|21018 United Nations Headquarters|
The set depicts the offices of the headquarters of the United Nations, located in New York, USA. The model mainly uses elements coloured in white and transparent blue, to show the building's windows. Various different shapes and sizes of plates and tiles are used to achieve the layers of the buildings, with a few special pieces used, such as 'antenna' pieces to represent flagpoles.
The headquarters of the United Nations were completed in 1952, with 39 floors reaching 155 metres into the sky at the highest point. The complex was designed by a team of international architects, at cost a total of 65 million US dollars.
This is a description taken from . Please do not modify it. Enjoy this imaginative interpretation of the UN Headquarters in LEGO bricks!
Standing on the banks of New York City’s East River, the United Nations Headquarters has become one of the world’s most iconic buildings. Now you can recreate this amazing tribute to modernism in no less than 597 LEGO bricks, from the smooth façade to the building at its base. Designed mainly by Le Corbusier and Oscar Niemeyer, the cornerstone was laid in 1949 and it was completed just three years later. This soaring architectural triumph is part of the LEGO Landmark series that pays tribute to some of the world’s greatest buildings and makes a fine addition to your desk, office or playroom.
- This building is part of the LEGO Landmark series celebrating iconic world buildings
- Read the enclosed booklet in English and French giving fascinating details of its design and history
- Build the United Nations Headquarters from 597 individual LEGO bricks
- Build one of Le Corbusier and Niemeyer’s greatest achievements in LEGO bricks
- Have your own version of the iconic United Nations Headquarters standing on your desk or office!
- Measures 8” (21cm) wide, 5” high (14cm), 6” (15cm) deep