|System → Star Wars → Episode VI Return of the Jedi8037 << 8038 >> 8039|
|The Battle of Endor|
9 - 14
8038 The Battle of Endor was a set released in 2009 as part of the Classic Star Wars line, featuring 890 pieces. It was authentically detailed, with one of the few Star Wars buildings ever made being a shield bunker with sliding blast doors that move by a turn of a cog. An improved AT-ST Walker with two thin legs and tilted walls to better represent it from how it appeared in the films. An Ewok glider with handles, an Ewok catapult that can launch medium stone grey cylindrical bricks as rocks, a trooper's sleek and yet redesigned speeder, and 12 unique and rare minifigures are included in the set.
All of these represent the battle on the forest moon of Endor in the Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi film.
Release and Marketing
It was then re-released through LEGO.com in the UK in May 2011.
Resemblance with other sets
It could be said that this set is an update of all the sets that were released representation the battle of Endor. All the models in this set besides the Shield Bunker are redesigned versions of already released sets in 2002. This set features redesigns from the sets 7139 Ewok Attack and 7127 Imperial AT-ST. In the set Ewok Attack, an Ewok glider, a speeder bike, and a catapult were released, all which have been redesigned for the Battle of Endor. In the set 7127 Imperial AT-ST, an AT-ST was released, which was redesigned for the 7657 AT-ST in 2007, and later in 2009 for the Battle of Endor.
This set was made to represent a fraction of the Battle of Endor. The Battle of Endor was a fictional battle in Return of the Jedi, Episode VI of the Star Wars film series. The Rebel Alliance discovered that a shield generator was placed on the forest moon of Endor. The shield generator was protecting the Death Star II, the Rebel Alliance's next target. If the Death Star II could be destroyed, the Alliance would finally defeat the Empire. The Rebel Alliance sent a group of soldiers, including General Han Solo, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and two Rebel Commandos, to the planet to destroy the shield generator. The Rebels and the Ewoks, the moon's native species, soon joined forces and decided to attack the Imperial Soldiers. Thus the Battle of Endor began. This set is depicting Han Solo, Princess Leia, and R2-D2 trying to fight their way into the Shield Bunker, while the three Ewoks: Wicket, Paploo and Chief Chirpa with their primitive technology along with two Rebel Commandos fight off the Scout Troopers and Stormtroopers who have a speeder bike. Chewbacca mans a stolen AT-ST.
- This is the first set to feature a Rebel Commando Minifigure
- A similar Speeder bike featured in this set is also present in the set 7676 Republic Attack Gunship, although it is identified as a Republic Speeder Bike.
- The blast doors on the front of the shield generator bunker cannot be opened together. They are opened separately by different cogs. Also, the exploding armour-plated walls on the sides of the building cannot be launched off, but still can be removed.
- Some newer versions of the set have the newer variation of Han Solo's head piece.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it.
Battle on the forest moon of Endor™!
Celebrate the 10th anniversary of LEGO® Star Wars with the final battle for the fate of the Rebel Alliance – and the Empire! On the forest moon of Endor, a brave team of Rebels joins forces with a fierce tribe of Ewok warriors. Their mission: to destroy the secret Imperial bunker and take out the Death Star’s shields! This complete battle scene features an opening bunker with sliding blast doors, AT-ST scout walker with walking action, firing catapult, Ewok glider, 2 speeder bikes and 12 figures, including Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2, 3 Ewoks, 2 Scout Troopers, Death Star Trooper, and 2 Rebel Commandos!
- Packed with 12 minifigures: Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2 (classic deco), 2 Rebel commandos, 2 scout troopers, Death Star Trooper, and 3 Ewoks!
- AT-ST scout walker has more details and walking action!
- Imperial bunker has sliding doors and explosion function!
- Firing catapult, Ewok glider and 2 speeder bikes also included!
- AT-ST measures 7½ inches (19.1cm) tall!
- Imperial bunker measures 10 inches (25.4cm) long by 7½ inches (19.1cm) wide!