|The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part|
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part is the sequel to 2014's The LEGO Movie. Warner Brothers began working on the sequel before the first film was released, due to high box office anticipations. It is being written by Mr. Popper's Penguins and The Internship writer Jared Stern and Girl Most Likely writer Michelle Morgan, and will be directed by Rob Schrab. Phil Lord and Chris Miller will also return to write the movie. It was originally scheduled to be released on May 26, 2017. however, it was later rescheduled to 2018 and then to 2019, with The LEGO Batman Movie taking the 2017 date. Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Alison Brie, and Nick Offerman reprise their roles from the first film, joined by Stephanie Beatriz as Sweet Mayhem, Tiffiny Haddish as Whatevra Wa-Nabi, and Arturo Castro as Ice Cream Cone. Emmet will remain the main character and his sister will be introduced. It will take place five years after the first movie (the time between the two films) as it examines an older version of Finn and the LEGO world created by him and his father.
This is a description taken from Collider. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) "The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part” reunites the heroes of Bricksburg in an all new action-packed adventure to save their beloved city. It’s been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild. The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the LEGO universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to faraway, unexplored worlds, including a strange galaxy where everything is a musical. It will test their courage, creativity and Master Building skills, and reveal just how special they really are.
Like its predessesor, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part also has its own merchandise with 18 sets and other official merchandise.
- ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment - Deadline
- Warner Bros. Already Working on Sequel to ‘The Lego Movie’ - The Wrap
- Gerard Butler’s ‘Geostorm’ Pushed Nine Months; ‘Lego Movie 2’ Delayed - Variety
- ‘LEGO Movie 2′ Officially Titled ‘LEGO Movie Sequel’ & Gets a Director - Screen Rant
- LEGO Movie Sequel Release Date Released - BZPower
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Gets Release Date - The Hollywood Reporter
- Warner Bros. Announce "The Flash" for 2018 - Brick Heroes
- Will Arnett Teases A Lighter Batman In The LEGO Movie 2 - We got this Covered
- First Trailer for ‘The LEGO Movie 2’ Confirms That Everything Is Still Awesome - Collider.com
- Christopher Miller and Phil Lord talk The Lego Movie 2 at SBIFF and Quint was there! - Ain't It Cool News
- Bricksburg Will Be "Weird" And Dystopian In LEGO Movie 2 - Comicbook.com