|[List of appearances]|
The IG-100 MagnaGuard, also known as just a MagnaGuard, is a LEGO minifigure based on the Star Wars droids named Self-Motivating Heuristically Programmed Combat Droids or, more commonly, IG-100 MagnaGuards. They have only appeared in two sets, both coming with two figures.
These droids were the bodyguards of General Grievous, and were skilled in using an electrostaff. Others are often seen guarding important Seperatist areas, planets, and bases. They are tough opponents in battle, not only because of their electrostaffs, but also because of their extensive backup systems, allowing them to fight even after being decapitated.
- In LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, they are not called "MagnaGuards", but are referred to as "Grievous Bodyguards".
- In LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, when playing as a Grievous Bodyguard, if the player is down to one heart of health, the player could lose his head but still fight, referring to their backup systems. Obtaining a life will cause the head to reappear.
- They also appear in LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, based on the Clone Wars variants.
- One appears in a LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars level "The Castle of Doom" alongide Count Dooku as playable characters.
- In LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars level "Grievous's Lair" the first two seen carry Rocket Launchers.
- There is a hole in their capes.
- Part:4073 (Body decoration)
- Part:61192 (Head)
- Part:x388 (Legs)
- Part:x1576 (Arms)
- Part:61193 (Torso)
- Part:48729 (Hand)
- Part:x1906 (Cape)
Video Game Appearances
A MagnaGuard in LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.
A Grievous Bodyguard (Magnaguard) in LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game.