|The LEGO Movie Sequel|
The LEGO Movie Sequel is a planned sequel to 2014's The LEGO Movie. Warner Brothers began working on the sequel before the first film was released, due to high box office anticipations. It is being written by Mr. Popper's Penguins and The Internship writer Jared Stern and Girl Most Likely writer Michelle Morgan, and will be directed by Rob Schrab. Phil Lord and Chris Miller will also return to write the movie. It was originally scheduled to be released on May 26, 2017. however, it was later rescheduled to 2018 and then to 2019, with The LEGO Batman Movie taking the 2017 date. Will Arnett is expected to reprise his role as Batman. Though Chris Pratt has not been announced to return as the voice of Emmet, Emmet will remain the main character and his sister will be introduced. It will take place four years after the first movie (the time between the two films) as it examines an older version of Finn and the LEGO world created by him and his father.
The sequel to the LEGO Movie will go deeper into the world of rare sets, parts, and more.
- ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment - Deadline
- Warner Bros. Already Working on Sequel to ‘The Lego Movie’ - The Wrap
- Gerard Butler’s ‘Geostorm’ Pushed Nine Months; ‘Lego Movie 2’ Delayed - Variety
- ‘LEGO Movie 2′ Officially Titled ‘LEGO Movie Sequel’ & Gets a Director - Screen Rant
- LEGO Movie Sequel Release Date Released - BZPower
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Gets Release Date - The Hollywood Reporter
- Warner Bros. Announce "The Flash" for 2018 - Brick Heroes
- Will Arnett Teases A Lighter Batman In The LEGO Movie 2 - We got this Covered
- Christopher Miller and Phil Lord talk The Lego Movie 2 at SBIFF and Quint was there! - Ain't It Cool News
- The Lego Movie Sequel Takes Place 4 Years After The First Say Phil Lord & Chris Miller - Comicbook.com
- Bricksburg Will Be "Weird" And Dystopian In LEGO Movie 2 - Comicbook.com
- "The LEGO Movie Q&A with Chris McKay, Bricks By The Bay 2014. https://twitter.com/Smoores86/status/498172868815892480