Piece of Resistance (Head Variant 1, Head Variant 2, Tracking Device)
|[List of appearances]|
- “Hello, I'm Emmet. I'm just gonna come right out, I have no idea what's going on. At all.”
- ―Emmet [src]
- 1 Background
- 2 LEGO.com Description
- 3 Notes
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Gallery of Variants
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See also
Emmet Brickowski has been working most of his life on the construction site as an instruction worker in the city of Bricksburg. He longs to be popular, but his co-workers hardly notice he's there. He lives life by the book—literally—and builds things only from the instructions. Because of this, however, he is mostly boring and uncreative, except for at some moment of inspiration, like his inventing the "double decker couch". He is not a fan of adventure or danger either (similar to Bilbo Baggins), both of which give him reason for "freaking out".
One day, however, he stumbles upon the Piece of Resistance while going after Wyldstyle, which makes the Master Builders mistake him as being "The Special", which means he must stop Lord Business from gluing the world together with the Kragle. From that point on, he is caught in a desperate struggle between the powers of order and imagination by Lord Business and the Master Builders, respectively—as well as his self-acceptance in being special in his own ways.
In the final battle, Emmet convinces Lord Business that creativity is not messy or weird, and that it is okay for the people to build brand-new ideas from all the things Business himself had made, which makes him special, too, just like everyone is special. Moved by Emmet's speech and touched by being considered special, Business applies the Piece of Resistance on the Kragle, which soon causes the Kragle to explode, deactivating all of his robot minions and unfreezing his victims (though the real "victims" were saved when the Man Upstairs cleaned the glue off them).
Soon after Bricksburg was saved, it was invaded by alien DUPLO invaders, turning the city into an apocalyptic wasteland. While everyone else was hardened and toughened by these hard times, Emmet remained his cheery optimistic self. When Lucy and the rest of Emmet's friends are captured by Sweet Mayhem, Emmet sets off to the Systar System to save them, with the help of Rex Dangervest.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) An ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) “Good morning, city!”
Every day, Emmet goes to work exactly by the steps in the instructions booklet that he always keeps in his hand. As part of Bricksburg’s busy construction crew, he helps to rebuild the city as briefed by President Business.
Emmet wants to be popular, but he struggles to stand out in the crowd. Even his fellow construction workers hardly know he’s there. But all of that is about to change, thanks to a mysterious stranger and a legendary Prophecy about the most special minifigure in the entire world!
- Emmet is portrayed by Chris Pratt, who also portrays Star-Lord In Guardians of the Galaxy and Owen Grady in Jurassic World.
- In LEGO Movie the Video Game, Emmet has a new instruction build ability.
- When trying to build in the video game, Emmet can't build instructionless builds. If he does, he puts pieces in all the wrong spots. Only his Master Builder variant can build these.
- Unlike most modern minifigures, as well as most of the other characters in the film, Emmet's eyes do not have pupils.
- Emmet's car is the same car from 3177 Small Car LEGO City set, but with different colours.
- The red brick on his back is glued on with a substance called "Kragle", and is called the "Piece of Resistance".
- His poncho variant was included with pre-orders for The LEGO Movie Video Game from EB Games.
- His Cloud Cuckoo and Piece of Resistance set appearances have a different pair of facial expressions one with a smile showing teeth and the other side has raised eyebrows and a scared mouth which doesn't make it look like he is screaming like his counterpart variants.
- A running gag throughout the film is that whenever he and Wyldstyle try to hold hands, they get interrupted.
- According to The LEGO Movie, Emmet's favorite restaurant is Any-Chain Restaurant (or alternatively, "any chain restaurant"), his favorite TV Show is "Where Are My Pants?" and his favorite song is "Everything Is Awesome!!!".
- In The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Emmet's sister will be introduced.
- 30280 Piece of Resistance
- 70800 Getaway Glider
- 70801 Melting Room
- 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
- 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
- 70808 Super Cycle Chase
- 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow
- 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech
- 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship
- 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!
- 70818 Double-Decker Couch
- 71004 The LEGO Movie Series
- 71212 Fun Pack
- 5002045 Pyjamas Emmet
- The LEGO Movie Exclusive Set
- 70823 Emmet’s Thricycle!
- 70821 Emmet and Benny’s ‘Build and Fix Workshop’
- 10895 Emmet and Lucy’s Visitors from the DUPLO Planet
- 70826 Rex’s Rextreme Offroader
- 70827 Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy!
- 70832 Emmet’s Builder Box
- 70820 LEGO Movie Maker
- 70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship
- 70831 Emmet’s Dream House/Rescue Rocket
- 70835 Rex’s Rexplorer
- 70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg!
- 30620-1 Star-Struck Emmet
- 30340-1 Emmet's Piece Offering
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
|This article or section is incomplete.|
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.
Emmet in the Sleepyhead's pajamas
After seeing Batman
- Screenshot 2013-11-01 10.38.21.png
Emmet at home
Emmet with Wyldstyle