Piece of Resistance (Head Variant 1, Head Variant 2, Tracking Device)
|[List of appearances]|
- “Hello, I'm Emmet. I'm just gonna come right out, I have no idea what's going on. At all.”
- ―Emmet [src]
- 1 Background
- 2 LEGO.com Description
- 3 Notes
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Gallery of Variants
- 6 Gallery
- 7 See also
Emmet Brickowski is a construction worker who lives a very structured and controlled life in Bricksburg, a city ruled by President Business. He lives life by the book—literally—and builds things only from the instructions, and has never had an original idea, save for a double-decker couch. He does the same things everyday, including watching the sitcom "Where Are My Pants?" and listening to the song "Everything is Awesome". He longs to be popular, but his co-workers hardly notice he's there.
One day, Emmet's life is turned upside-down when he stumbles upon a mysterious relic called the Piece of Resistance. Upon touching the Piece, he has a vision of The Man Upstairs, a human from the real world who, unbeknownst to Emmet, created all the realms in the universe. He awakens in an interrogation room with Bad Cop. It is here he learns that President Business intends to use a weapon called the Kragle (a tube of Krazy Glue) to end the universe in three days. The Piece, now stuck to his back, is almost painfully melted off of him until he is rescued by Wyldstyle, one of many Master Builders who fight for freedom against Lord Business and his forces.
Emmet learns from Wyldstyle that because he found the Piece of Resistance, he is "The Special", a prophesied hero who will thwart the Kragle and save the realms. Emmet confirms this in hopes to impress Wyldstyle, though she quickly learns that he is not even a Master Builder. In The Old West, they find a blind wizard named Vitruvius, the leader of the Master Builders. Vitruvius has faith in Emmet, so the three make their way to Cloud Cuckoo Land to meet with the rest of the Master Builders, and on the way are rescued from Bad Cop by Batman, whom Emmet learns is Wyldstyle's boyfriend. At Cloud Cuckoo Land, Emmet gives a disappointing speech to the Master Builders before again being attacked by Bad Cop and his robots. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Batman, joined by Princess Unikitty and Benny the Spaceman, narrowly escape in a hastily built submarine as Cloud Cuckoo Land is destroyed and every other Master Builder is captured. Bad Cop pursues them and destroys their submarine, but they survive in a double-decker couch built by Emmet, which impresses the rest. From there, they are rescued by a cyborg pirate named Metalbeard. Metalbeard considered Emmet and the gang a lost cause until he saw Emmet's couch be completely overlooked by Lord Business's forces.
Emmet formulates a plan to infiltrate Lord Business' Octan Tower using teamwork, disguises, and even some building by the instructions. After they make it in, Wyldstyle reveals to Emmet that her real name is Lucy. Emmet nearly places the Piece of Resistance on the Kragle, but is thwarted and captured. Lord Business removes the Piece of Resistance from Emmet's back and throws it out the window, then begins a countdown to the termination of Emmet and every Master Builder as he leaves to Kragleize the universe, beginning with Emmet's hometown of Bricksburg. Emmet, being strapped to the battery that powers the countdown, sacrifices himself by jumping out of a window and snapping the cord connected to the battery, thus ending the countdown and saving his friends.
Emmet falls into a swirling vortex at the bottom of the tower and awakens in the real-world basement of The Man Upstairs. There Emmet is found by his son Finn, who is revealed to have created the character of Emmet, as well as his friends, enemies, and the whole story in his imagination. The Man Upstairs discovers Finn playing with his LEGO displays, confiscates Emmet (whom he refers to as simply "The construction worker"), and begins to glue his whole collection together in the way that he wants it to be, paralleling Lord Business unleashing the Kragle in the LEGO universe. Emmet manages to move himself off of a table and catches the attention of Finn, who gives him back the Piece of Resistance and sends him back into The LEGO universe. With newfound bravery, Emmet finally becomes a true Master Builder and constructs an awesome mech to take on the robot forces as he makes his may to Lord Business.
Emmet comes face-to-face with Lord Business, but rather than fighting him, he extends his hand, asking him to join them. He convinces Lord Business that creativity is not messy or weird, and that it is okay for the people to build brand-new ideas from the things Business himself had made, which makes him special too, just as everyone is special. Moved by Emmet's speech and touched by being considered special, Business applies the Piece of Resistance on the Kragle, causing the Kragle to explode, deactivating all of his robot minions and unfreezing his victims. At the same time in the real world, The Man Upstairs reconciles with Finn and allows him to play with his toys, then cleans the glue off of Bricksburg and its inhabitants. Emmet reunites with his friends and nearly holds hands with Lucy before being interrupted by Batman. Batman admits that he is the hero she deserves, and allows the two to continue. Emmet and the gang celebrate their victory sitting on his double-decker couch, as The Man Upstairs tells Finn that his younger sister will be allowed to play with his LEGO collection as well.
Soon after Bricksburg is saved, it is invaded by aliens from the planet DUPLO, announcing their intention to destory them. Emmet makes them a peace offering in the form of a colorful heart, but the aliens eat it and transport it to their ship. After failing to make peace, President Business leaves to go golfing and war breaks out, as Bricksburg is constantly destroyed over the course of 5 years and has its name changed to Apocalypseburg. While everyone else is hardened and toughened by these difficult times, Emmet remains his cheery optimistic self (much to the annoyance of Lucy) and builds a home for himself, Lucy, and Unikitty. This is soon destroyed however, when they are chased down by a new alien spaceship. The pilot, whose name is Sweet Mayhem, invites the people of Apocalypseburg to a matrimonial ceremony, but when she is met with hostility, she captures Lucy, Batman, Unikitty, Benny, and Metalbeard, then leaves. Emmet, with no support from the others, sets off to rescue his friends, rebuilding his house into a spaceship.
Emmet's quest nearly comes to an untimely end in a glassteroid field, but he is rescued by tough-guy adventurer Rex Dangervest, who invites him onto his ship run by dinosaurs. Rex tells Emmet of the Systar System's queen's plan to hold a matrimonial ceremony that will bring forth a catastrophic event called Armamageddon. Emmet convinces Rex to help him on his journey, and the two set off to the Systar System. Along the way, Rex teaches Emmet how to become a Master Breaker, and using the power of destruction to solve problems. The two arrive at a place called Harmony Town, where Emmet finds the Justice League, who left Apocalypseburg years ago in an attempt to end the conflict. Due to their unusual cheery disposition and obsession with an addictively catchy song being played in the town, Emmet and Rex assume they and the rest of the civillians are brainwashed. They manage to escape and eventually reunite with Lucy. Lucy is surprised at how tough and mature Emmet had become, due to Rex's influence.
Emmet comes up with a plan to ruin the ceremony in which the Systar System's ruler Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi (who, unbeknownst to Emmet, originated from his peace offering) plans to wed Batman, by destroying her gigantic wedding cake. Emmet then discovers that Lucy's hair is now bright blue and pink, her natural hair colors, as opposed to black. Rex suggests that she is brainwashed as well (stating that "you can't wash a brain without washing the hair on top"). Emmet decides he can trust her and the three continue with their plan. As Emmet and Rex make their way to the cake, however, Lucy is intercepted by Sweet Mayhem, who tells her that the ceremony is meant to prevent Armamageddon and that they only wish to make peace between the two worlds. When Lucy confronts Emmet and tells him this, Emmet refuses to believe it and is now convinced that she has been brainwashed. Benny, Unikitty, and Metalbeard join Lucy in trying to stop him, but Emmet makes his way past them and destroys the cake just before Batman says his vows. Armamageddon begins as Rex rescues Emmet. In the real world, Finn and his younger sister Bianca argue after Finn destroys Bianca's brick-built cake for taking his stuff. Their mother intervenes and orders them to put their entire LEGO collections into storage because they cannot get along.
Rex tells Emmet the truth about his backstory and reveals his identity as a future version of Emmet in which he fails to navigate the glassteroid field and ends up on the dust planet Undar of the Dryar System (underneath a dryer). He adopted a tough additude, gave himself a new name, recruited a crew of dinosaurs, and built a time machine, which he used to go back in time and prevent the event that caused him so much pain. Emmet is confused by this, but still refuses to join Rex. In response, Rex sends Emmet to the Dryar System himself so that he will become like him, ensuring his own existence. As Emmet's friends attract Finn's attention and escape storage, Rex follows Emmet under the dryer and threatens to break him, but is stopped by Lucy. Rex plans to go back in time and start over again, but Lucy destroys his flux capacitor. Realizing that Emmet will never turn out like him, Rex begins to disappear until he ceases to exist.
Finn and Bianca reconcile and learn to play together. Because of this, Apocalypseburg and the Systar System combine into Syspocalypstar, and everyone lives together in peace. Emmet's home is rebuilt, and Lucy reveals to him that she co-originated the song "Everything is Awesome".
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) An ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) “Good morning, city!”
Every day, Emmet goes to work exactly by the steps in the instructions booklet that he always keeps in his hand. As part of Bricksburg’s busy construction crew, he helps to rebuild the city as briefed by President Business.
Emmet wants to be popular, but he struggles to stand out in the crowd. Even his fellow construction workers hardly know he’s there. But all of that is about to change, thanks to a mysterious stranger and a legendary Prophecy about the most special minifigure in the entire world!
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) He is still as positive and perky as ever, no matter how bleak and gritty things have become in Apocalypseburg. Emmet continues to believe ‘Everything is Awesome’ and is constantly listening to remixes of his favorite song on his phone.
- Emmet is portrayed by Chris Pratt, who also portrays Star-Lord In Guardians of the Galaxy and Owen Grady in Jurassic World.
- In The LEGO Movie Video Game, Emmet has a new instruction build ability.
- When trying to build in the video game, Emmet can't build instructionless builds. If he does, he puts pieces in all the wrong spots. Only his Master Builder variant can build these.
- Unlike most modern minifigures, as well as most of the other characters in the film, Emmet's eyes do not have pupils.
- Emmet's car is the same car from 3177 Small Car LEGO City set, but with different colours.
- The red brick on his back is glued on with a substance called "Kragle", and is called the "Piece of Resistance".
- His poncho variant was included with pre-orders for The LEGO Movie Video Game from EB Games.
- His Cloud Cuckoo and Piece of Resistance set appearances have a different pair of facial expressions from the rest of his appearances in wave one of The LEGO Movie sets, one with a smile showing teeth and the other side has raised eyebrows and a scared mouth, but not screaming like his counterpart variants.
- A running gag throughout the film is that whenever he and Wyldstyle try to hold hands, they get interrupted.
- According to The LEGO Movie, Emmet's favorite restaurant is Any-Chain Restaurant (or alternatively, "any chain restaurant"), his favorite TV Show is "Where Are My Pants?" and his favorite song is "Everything Is Awesome!!!".
- Rex Dangervest is Emmet from the future.
- The LEGO Movie
- 30280 Piece of Resistance (Head Variant 1)
- 70800 Getaway Glider (Head Variant 1)
- 70801 Melting Room (Head Variant 1)
- 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit (Head Variant 1)
- 70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace (Tracking Device)
- 70808 Super Cycle Chase (Head Variant 1)
- 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair (Head Variant 1)
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow (Head Variant 2)
- 70814 Emmet's Construct-o-Mech (Master Builder Head 1)
- 70815 Super Secret Police Dropship (Head Variant 1)
- 70816 Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! (Robo Emmet)
- 70818 Double-Decker Couch (Master Builder Head 2)
- 71004 The LEGO Movie Series (Hard Hat)
- 71212 Fun Pack (Master Builder Head 1)
- 5002045 Pyjamas Emmet (Pyjamas)
- 5002204 Western Emmet (Western)
- The LEGO Movie Exclusive Set (Head Variant 1, No Piece)
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
- 70823 Emmet’s Thricycle! (Head Variant 1)
- 70821 Emmet and Benny’s ‘Build and Fix Workshop’ (Head Variant 2)
- 10895 Emmet and Lucy’s Visitors from the DUPLO Planet (DUPLO Figure)
- 70829 Emmet and Lucy's Escape Buggy! (Head Variant 1)
- 70826 Rex’s Rextreme Offroader (Head Variant 5)
- 70827 Ultrakatty and Warrior Lucy! (Head Variant 5)
- 70832 Emmet’s Builder Box (Head Variant 1)
- 70820 LEGO Movie Maker (Head Variant 3)
- 70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship (Head variant 4)
- 70831 Emmet’s Dream House/Rescue Rocket (Head variant 2)
- 70835 Rex’s Rexplorer (Head variant 4)
- 70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg! (Head variant 1)
- 30620 Star-Struck Emmet (Head variant 6)
- 30340 Emmet's Piece Offering (Head variant 2)
- 30529 Mini Master-Building Emmet (Head variant 1)
- 70839 The Rexcelsior! (Stubble Trouble, Statuette)
- 70842 Emmet's Triple-Decker Couch Mech (Head variant 2)
- 70847 Good Morning Sparkle Babies! (Head variant 7)
- 70849 Wyld-Mayhem Star Fighter (Rex Vest)
- 853865 Accessory Set 2019 (Head Variant 1)
- 853874 Emmet's Construction Pod (Head Variant 1)
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants
|This article or section is incomplete.|
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page.