|[List of appearances]|
- “Why laugh when you can cry?!”
- ―Sad Clown
The Sad Clown has white legs, a white waist, a white torso, white arms, and black hands. Wavy black printing on his legs gives the impression that his shirt extends down, and there are three black pompoms on the front of his torso. Sitting between the Sad Clown's head and torso pieces is a ruffle piece. The ruffle piece is the same as the one used by the Thespian, except in black. He has a white-coloured face with black eyes, white pupils, black eyebrows, a sad face, and a black tear dripping down the right side of his face. He wears a white hat with a black rim and two black pompoms. The hat is a new mould.
- He is based on a clown genre of Italian origin, the Pierrot clown.
- He is the second minifigure to be entirely black and white, the first one being the Mime.
- He is the first depressed minifigure.
- He is the fourth out of five exclusive clowns, the first being Circus Clown, second being Small Clown, third being Birthday Clown, fourth being himself, and the fifth being Krusty the Clown.