|Castle70403 << 70404 >> 70409|
The set consists of one main model, that of a medieval castle. The castle features a predominantly grey-and-blue colour-scheme, in keeping with the Castle (2013) Lion Knights' colours. The castle is, like its numerous predecessors, largely square-shaped, with several towers and gates located throughout. The castle is based upon green plates, which creates the effect of a grassy location. On top of these, a girdle of dark tan dirt rings rings the wall, implying a dirty-stone footing. On top of these are built a continuous wall, with a large number of arrow slots. Battlements are set on top.
Three towers, not including the gatehouse, are built in various locations along the walls. Two of these towers are neigh-identical, and are placed at opposite corners of the castle. On of these contains a defensive catapult built on top of it. In the rear of the castle, another tower is placed. At the ground level of the other, a double-doored iron-barred dungeon is located. Underneath, at the base of the tower, is located a small wooden door to the outside. One level up, a blue-and-gold throne is located inside a small, three-walled room. A level above this, a wooden-doored treasure room is featured. Finally, on top of the tower, a octagonal battlement is located, providing a high vantage point for defenders of the castle.
In the front of the castle, a gatehouse is prominently featured. At ground level, both a drawbridge and retractable portcullis are built. Mechanisms for the lowering and raising the drawbridge and portcullis take up an entire level of the gatehouse. Above this level, a small area is set apart for storage, as well as for a large balcony encircling the front half of the tower. At the top of the tower, a large battlement is built.
Also included in the set is a single piece of Dragon Soldier siege equipment; that of a half-catapult, half-battering ram. In the rear of the vehicle, a small catapult is placed. In the front, a brick-built dragon's head is featured, and meant to smash against a gate in order to gain entrance to a castle or other guarded citadel. The equipment is red-and-black themed, in keeping with the Dragon Soldiers' colour-scheme.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Defeat the Dragon soldiers in the final battle at the King’s Castle!
Protect the King and his people from the Dragon soldiers at the King’s Castle! Fire the catapult, lower the drawbridge, raise the gate and lead the charge with the fearless White Knight on his armored horse! Stop the Dragon soldiers before they use the deadly battering ram and catapult weapon. This fantastic modular castle design features towers, a dungeon, the King’s throne, the knights’ table, a moveable staircase, secret escape door and more. Includes 7 minifigures with weapons and accessories: the King, White Knight, 2 King’s soldiers and 3 Dragon soldiers.
• Includes 7 minifigures with weapons and accessories: the King, White Knight, 2 King’s soldiers and 3 Dragon soldiers
• Features battering ram/catapult weapon, towers, prison, collapsing back wall, King’s throne, knights’ table, moveable staircase, hidden escape door, weapon rack and flags
• Weapons include spiked mace, 3 swords, axe, crossbow and a bow with quiver
• Accessories include 2 shields and a treasure chest
• Push the battering ram to fire the catapult!
• Customize and build your own modular castle design
• Combine with 70402 The Outpost for an even more awesome model
• Measures over 11" (28cm) high, 13" (35cm) wide and 12" (33cm) deep
• Battering ram/catapult weapon measures over 1" (5cm) high, 3" (9cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide
- 70403 Dragon Mountain is seen in the background of the box art.
- In the preliminary picture of the set there were eight minifigures pictured, having one more Dragon Soldier included.