|System → The Hobbit → The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey79002 << 79003 >> 79004|
|An Unexpected Gathering|
79003 An Unexpected Gathering is a set in the theme The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey released in November 2012. It includes a model of Bag End, Bilbo Baggins' hobbit hole, and six minifigures. The set includes a variety of new elements.
Bag End is built mainly out of green and bright green pieces, as it is underneath a hill. It has a round doorway with a green door in the center, with a window on either side of it. Further along is another, larger window, and one small window is placed on either side of the model. There is a fence outside the front of the garden, and several plants outside. A tree grows out of the top of the roof, near a chimney.
Inside, the entire building is one room, with a table on one side. A book sits in front of the large window, along with a feather next to it for a pen. On the table is a variety of food pieces, such as apples, cherries, carrots, a loaf of bread, a pretzel, a sausage, and several chicken bones.
In front of one side window is some mixtures, along with Sting, Bilbo's sword, on a stand. Though Bilbo did not actually obtain the sword until much later in the Hobbit story, its inclusion allows the set to be used as part of the Lord of the Rings story. The set also includes a staff for Gandalf, two knives for Bombur and Dwalin, a pickaxe for Bofur, a hammer for Dwalin, a pan for Bombur and a short sword for Balin. Three maps are included in the set; one of the Lonely Mountain, one of the Shire, and one of Mirkwood. The red book of Westmark is also included.
The scene which the set depicts takes place at Bag End, where Gandalf and Thorin's company of thirteen dwarves meet Bilbo Baggins to try to persuade him to join their quest to recover the Lonely Mountain from Smaug the dragon.
- All the minifigures in this set are exclusive except for Gandalf. While Bilbo Baggins appears in other sets, this variation is exclusive to this set.
- Bag End has a higher roof than in the movie, probably so Gandalf can fit in.
- In the prototype model, the gate had a "No admittance except on party business" sign, while the final model doesn't.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Visit Bilbo Baggins™ in his Hobbit home!
Gandalf™ the Grey has invited the Dwarves to Bag End the Hobbit home of Bilbo Baggins™. Uncover the Hobbit hole to entertain the Dwarves with food and drink accessories! Then invite Bilbo Baggins on a great journey to The Lonely Mountain and begin the epic LEGO® The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey™ adventure. Includes Gandalf the Grey and 5 exclusive minifigures featured only in this set: Bilbo Baggins in his Shire outfit, Balin the Dwarf, Dwalin the Dwarf, Bombur the Dwarf and Bofur the Dwarf, all with assorted weapons.
- Includes 6 minifigures: Bilbo Baggins in Shire outfit, Gandalf the Grey, Balin the Dwarf, Dwalin the Dwarf, Bombur the Dwarf and Bofur the Dwarf, all with assorted weapons
- Accessories include 3 Middle-earth™ maps, flowers, fence, goblets, plates, chicken, bread, carrots, sausage, bottles, shovel and apples
- House features a fence with gate, barrel, bench, removable roof, tree and leaf exterior, round windows and door, a table with stools and shelves
- Includes 7 weapons: 2 swords, 2 knives, club, pick axe and a staff
- Collect 5 exclusive minifigures featured only in this set: Bilbo Baggins in his Shire outfit,Balin the Dwarf, Dwalin the Dwarf, Bombur the Dwarf and Bofur the Dwarf!
- Uncover the Hobbit hole to play inside!
- Feed the hungry Dwarves with tons of food and drink accessories!
- Open the doors, gate and windows!
- House measures over 6” (16cm) high, 11” (28cm) wide and 6” (17cm) deep