|Pirates of the Caribbean|
Pirates of the Caribbean is a theme based upon the original Pirates of the Caribbean movie trilogy as well as the fourth installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and later the fifth installment Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. The first wave of sets were released in April of 2011 and the second was released in November. The theme returned in 2017 with three sets based on the fifth film in the series. The theme consists of twelve sets covering all five movies and includes LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, developed by TT Games in the same format as LEGO Star Wars. All sets (excluding key chains, magnet sets and promotional sets) include a LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean poster.
- The theme was officially announced on November 18, 2010; however, during July's San Diego Comic-Con International, a Jack Sparrow minifigure had been inserted into LEGO's Prince of Persia display as a teaser.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean license was held by Mega Bloks in 2006/07.
- Although the press release stated that the nine sets would cover all four films, none of the sets are specific to At World's End.
- It is the first and only licensed theme based on pirates.
Please see Category:Pirates of the Caribbean sets
Included with several Pirates Of the Caribbean sets are codes which are used online on the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean page. These codes are very special and can only be used a total of three times. The cards with the codes are only in the five On Stranger Tides sets.
- LEGO Group and Disney Consumer Products Announce Building Sets Inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean Films PRNewswire
- Brick Notes: Steve Witt's Q&A
- BZPower [dead link]