This article describes a custom creation, custom theme, or other fan material, made by a Brickipedia contributor. It has never been, is not, and will not be officially released.
|All Along The Watchtower|
Here it is, The Watchtower based mostly on LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham with the police force colorscheme of the Javelin from Darkseid Invasion, the Suicide Squad, and a name that references a Bob Dylan song. Neat, huh? Well, it's not entirely done but I've kinda posted it anyway because of the contest which more people should have entered, but no....
The Justice League Satellite, sometimes referred to as the Watchtower (though that was originally the name of their lunar base), is the headquarters of several incarnations of the League. It has been destroyed and rebuilt several times.
- The central shaft rotates separately from the bubble and outer ring, and thanks to gears, several pieces should turn counter to whatever direction is manually twisted
- Of course, since this is LDD, there is no way of really testing, but eh.
- There is a flick fire missile on each tower!
- Interior includes jail, meeting room, kitchen with yogurt station and "Trinity" mugs, and Martian Manhunter's computer console
- Superman and Martian Manhunter: Two of the most overpowered characters in all of fiction!
Since the reveal was kind of rushed, there are a few things that still need to be done:
- Obviously, all of the minifigures except for Black Canary and Atom are unfinished, and even then they could do with some touching up
- There should be a better way to connect the bubble to the shaft. The current solution probably wouldn't be too stable...
- The jail cell is kind of ugly
- The mugs in the kitchenette will have Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman's logos printed on them when I get around to making the decals
- Though there are six seats in the conference room, spacing is kind of tight...I don't think more than two figures can actually be placed there. I can easily change it to fix four no problem (not sure why I didn't do that before publishing, actually) but six might take a little more effort....
- Captain Boomerang is supposed to get a boomerang space ship, but I'm having difficulties designing that
- I forgot to add a garbage can for Question to look through and a bulletin board for his conspiracy theories...I could probably stand to think of some more DCAU references to throw in.
Hope you like it anyway :P