|[List of appearances]|
- “I liked Emmet before it was cool.”
- ―Vitruvius [src]
Vitruvius is a minifigure in The LEGO Movie. He brings together all the Master Builders for a meeting in Cloud Cuckoo Land, in which he tells them that an unstoppable force is coming that could "end the world as we know it". He plans for Emmet to stop this force. In the movie, he is voiced by Morgan Freeman.
Background[edit | edit source]
Later, he was hiding in The Old West as a piano player, and soon guided Emmet, Wyldstyle and Batman to Cloud Cuckoo Land, where they met Unikitty and Benny. After the land was destroyed by Bad Cop and his forces, the gang was rescued by MetalBeard and soon operated a plan to infiltrate the Octan Tower.
Later on, Vitruvius was decapitated by Lord Business with a penny. In his dying words, he tells Emmet the prophecy was made up and dies before he can finish talking. With Emmet strapped on to a battery, Vitruvius returns as a ghost to tell Emmet that anything is possible as long as he believes.
LEGO.com Description[edit | edit source]
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. An ancient and heroic wizard who prophesizes that a “Special” will defeat Lord Business and become the greatest LEGO Master Builder of all. He tries to teach Emmet that the key to true building is to believe in yourself and follow your own set of instructions inside your head.
Gallery of Variants[edit | edit source]
Physical[edit | edit source]
Video Game[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vitruvius is voiced by Morgan Freeman, who also played Lucius Fox in the Batman The Dark Knight film trilogy.
- Underneath his robes, he is wearing clothes and a headband similar to the Hippie from the Minifigures theme.
- His cape is specially designed for him.
- In The LEGO Movie Video Game, his young variant is only playable in the prologue level "The Prophecy", unless the player enters a cheat code.
- He is a talented piano player, despite being blind. In the movie, he is seen in an Old Western saloon playing "Everything is Awesome" on the piano.
- Before he was blind, he had a silver band, two thin robes in front of him, a new printed torso with a blue jewel on it and a reddish-brown staff with a blue crystal on it.
- Vitruvius's staff in his young form was made of LEGO pieces, but his staff in his old form was a chewed lollipop.
- In the movie, he has a rubber band for a headband and a partially chewed lollipop for a staff. It is notable that the sticks of many lollipops, such as Dum-Dums, can be held by minifigures just like LEGO shafts.
- Because he wears his robe, he cannot use Dispantsers in The LEGO Movie Video Game.
- Vitruvius's outfit that he wore for the majority of the movie may be his other robes opened.
- His ghost form uses classic Ghost shroud, but has the staff and headband, as well as his cape and robe underneath. He "flies" by hanging from a string.
- His ghost probably flies with a string because Finn was playing with him.
- In The LEGO Movie Video Game, his ghost has normal minifigure legs and no cape. He also flies without a string.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You're going to have to write that all down because I'm not going to remember any of it, but here we go!
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- 70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair (Old)
- 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow (Old)
- 70818 Double-Decker Couch (Ghost)
Movie Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The LEGO Movie
- The LEGO Movie: Everything is Awesome Edition (Young minifigure included)
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part