|LEGO Marvel Super Heroes|
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is a Video Game released October 22, 2013 in North America, and on November 15, 2013 in Europe. It was later released on PlayStation 4 on November 15, and Xbox One on November 22 and PS4 on November 15.
The Silver Surfer comes to Earth to herald Galactus' arrival. He is chased by Iron Man and is attacked by Doctor Doom. His surfboard is destroyed and becomes cosmic bricks, that are spread all over the world. Loki and Doctor Doom assemble a team of villains (including Venom, Doctor Octopus, Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants , Sandman, Arnim Zola, Green Goblin and the Abomination) to collect the bricks to build "Doctor Doom's Doom Ray of Doom". With the ray Doctor Doom wishes to defeat the Devourer of Worlds and show the people of Earth he will guide them all to peace. Nick Fury calls upon the Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye), the Fantastic Four (Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Thing), Spider-Man, the X-Men (Professor X, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, Beast and Gambit) and various other Marvel heroes, to deal with the threat against the world.
Like a majority of the LEGO games created by TT Games, players take control of characters that are modeled like actual LEGO parts (but with far more mobility) and are divided into groups according to certain skills. The player progresses through a number of levels following a linear plot, but can return to the levels later on in free play mode, using any of the characters they unlocked up until that point. In addition, there are a variety of side-levels to embark on. LEGO Marvel Superheroes also carries over a large number of features that were included in LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. For example, heat-related characters can destroy gold bricks, rocket-using characters can destroy silver bricks, super heroes that have the power of flight in the comic books can fly in the game, and characters with super strength can destroy or manipulate LEGO objects that normal characters cannot. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes includes some new powers and abilities as well, however. For example, Spider-Man has his "spider senses" that allow him to locate hidden bricks required for advancing the gameplay in levels, and the "big-figs" like the Hulk and Abomination can destroy or manipulate objects in ways even different than characters with normal super strength. Not counting DLC characters, there are 155 playable characters in the game.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, like its two predecessors LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes and LEGO The Lord of the Rings: The Video Game, contains a large open world that also acts as the game's hub. The open world is the Marvel universe version of New York, and it also includes a helicarrier above the city that one can access. Players may at any time in the game skydive from the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier down to New York hub. In the open world, players can also find the side-levels separate from the main storyline. These are hidden throughout New York City that feature characters not in the main story, have a comic style intro and outro, and are narrated by Deadpool.
Still more features from past LEGO games return in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, albeit slightly changed. There will be a character creator that is much more advanced than in previous games: in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players can choose what abilities they want their character to have, such as super strength, flight, etc (by equipping things like Magneto's helmet, Woverine's claws, ect.). Certain pieces can also be recolored to make the character look more like whoever the player is trying to create, and players can save up to 12 custom characters at a time. The minikits return as well, with 10 in each level. By finding all 10 for a level, a unique comic book is unlocked, something that differs from past games where a small LEGO build (or, in the case of LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, a minifigure) is unlocked instead. In addition, the red power bricks are now known as "Deadpool" bricks. When players find one, then they can buy it off of Deadpool in his room aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Also the citizen in peril is replaced by "Stan Lee in Peril" and if you find all 50, Stan Lee will be unlocked as a playable character.
One of the major difference between current (PS3, Xbox 360, etc.) and next generation (Wii U, PS4, Xbox One) versions is there are no loading times. It's instant because it comes straight off the hard drive.
- Adrian Pasdar - Iron Man
- Andrew Kishino - Juggernaut
- Clark Gregg - Phil Coulson
- Danielle Nicolet - Storm
- Dave Boat - Venom
- David Sobolov - Kraven the Hunter[source?]
- Dee Bradley Baker - Mister Fantastic
- Fred Tatasciore - Hulk/Bruce Banner
- Greg Cipes - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
- James Arnold Taylor - Spider-Man, Silver Surfer[source?], Professor X[source?]
- James Horan - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
- JB Blanc - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
- Jeff Combs - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
- John Bentley - Nick Fury
- John DiMaggio - Galactus
- Kari Wahlgren - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
- Laura Bailey - Black Widow
- Nolan North - Deadpool, Green Goblin
- Phil LaMarr - War Machine
- Robin Atkin Downes - Rhino
- Roger Craig Smith - Captain America
- Stan Lee - Himself
- Steve Blum - Wolverine
- Tara Strong - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
- Travis Willingham - Thor
- Troy Baker - Loki
- Yuri Lowenthal - (character not yet revealed)[source?]
♣ Indicates that a character is available as downloadable content.
|Sand Central Station|
|Times Square Off||
|Rock up at the Lock up||
|Red Head Detention|
|Juggernauts and Crosses||
|Doctor in the house|
|That Sinking Feeling|
|A Doom with a View||
|The Good, the Bad and the Hungry||
|The Brick Apple? (Bonus level)|
|Nuff Said (Bonus level)||
|House Party Protocol (Bonus level)||
|Tabloid Tidy UP (Bonus level)||
|A Shock Withdrawal (Bonus level)||
|Feeling Frisky (Bonus level)||
|Put Up Your Dukes (Bonus level)||
|Stunt Show Suprise (Bonus level)||
|Reptilian Ruckus (Bonus level)|
|Stranger Danger (Bonus level)||
|The Thrill Of The Chess (Bonus level)||
|Bro-tunheim (Bonus level)||
|Hell Cycle[source?]||Ghost Rider||Land|
|Pumpkin Chopper||Green Goblin||Air|
|Union Jack's Car||Union Jack||Land|
♣ Indicates that a vehicle is available as downloadable content.
- New York City
- Bryant Park
- Central Park
- Grand Central Station
- Stark Tower
- Times Square
- Statue of Liberty
- Daily Bugle
- Baxter Building
- Fisk Tower
- Avengers Mansion[source?]
- Roxxon Oil Plant
- Empire State Building
- Hydra Base
- Ryker's Island
- Sanctum Sanctorum
- Upper East Side
- New York Power Plant
- Marvel HQ
- East Village
- East Harlem
- West Harlem
- Queensboro Bridge
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Empire State University
- The Raft Ferry Port
- Lower East Side
- Financial District
- Industrial District
- Little Italy
- Columbus Circle
- Horizen Labs
- Asteroid M Island
- Savage Land (Antarctica)[source?]
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
- Asteriod M (in space)
- Doctor Doom's Castle
- There is 132 playable characters in the game, not including DLC characters and alternate costumes. Along with 10 custom characters and 16 unidentified big fig slots.
- The core story includes 18 different playable characters.
- There are several pre-order bonuses, one being an Iron Patriot minifigure with pre-order through Walmart, Gamestop, and EB Games.
- Asgard is based on its appearance in the Thor movie.
- The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier is based on its appearance in The Avengers.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will be available as PlayStation 4 launch title.
- The downloadable content, is available in Australia through EB games with preorder, alongside the Iron Patriot polybag.
- The stud collection goal is called "True Believer".
- The Asgard DLC features characters based on their appearance in Thor: The Dark World.
- A demo of the game is available here for the United States.
- Unlike past Lego Games, some characters will be unlocked and can be bought on the character grid, while others can be found and bought throughout the city.
- Several sets appear in the bonus mission: The Brick Apple?:
- Doc Ock's Lair from 6873 Spider-Man's Doc Ock Ambush
- The Truck from 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
- Wolverine's Motorcycle from 6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown
- The Daily Bugle building from 76005 Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown
- The Malibu Mansion from 76007 Iron Man-Malibu Mansion Attack
- The Emporium from 10211 Grand Emporium
- A Combo Mambo model built by Mark Roe out of 76007 Iron Man-Malibu Mansion Attack and 76006 Iron Man-Extremis Harbor Battle. The model can be seen at here in the United States.
- There are references to a few non-Marvel movies and franchises:
- Sandman says the famous melting line said by the wicked witch, replacing melting with solidifying.
- When Thing, Mr. Fantastic, and the Invisible Woman jump out of the Fantasticar, Mr. Fantastic becomes a parachute, similar to Elastigirl from "The Incredibles". Mr. Fantastic even goes to the point of saying he saw it in a movie once.
- In the circus bonus mission, Black Widow quotes Harley Quinn's line from before her boss fight in the hub world of LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
- Human Torch mentions that the Bifrost makes him want to go race, a reference to the "Rainbow Road" track in the Mario Kart series.
- The TARDIS from the Doctor Who series appears as the heroes travel to Asgard.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes™
Marvel Super Heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U™ system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new Iron Man 3 feature film will launch later this spring.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.
“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”
“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”
In LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Artwork & Ads
LMSH Deadpool Albert Co.png
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game - Teaser Trailer
Lego Marvel Super Heroes Xbox 360 Gameplay
The gameplay for one of the levels in the game
Lego Marvel Super Heroes Trailer - Game Informer Coverage
Playing Spider-Man in Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Designing the Stark Tower Level for Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Animating the Hulk for Lego Marvel Super Heroes
The Evolution of Lego Character Design
Lego Marvel Super Heroes Interview with the Developers
Lego Marvel Super Heroes - EXCLUSIVE Interview - Eurogamer-0
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Exclusive Interview
Lego Marvel Super Heroes - E3 Trailer
E3 2013 Trailer
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - E3 2013 Walkthrough
Walkthrough by Gametrailers.com at E3 2013
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 5 Tips From E3 to Prep You for the Upcoming Release
Five Tips From E3 to Prep Players for the Upcoming Release
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Big Figure Trailer
Big Figures Trailer
LEGO Marvel Superheroes Stan Lee Hulks Out - Comic-Con 2013
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Gameplay Demo - SDCC 2013-0
LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES San Diego Comic-Con 2013 Panel
LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes Gamescom trailer-0
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Stan Lee Trailer
Trailer with Stan Lee
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - EGX 2013
Eurogamer Expo 2013 livestream
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes NEW! "Times Square" "Baxter Building" "Superior Spiderman" Game Footage-1
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (HD) Gameplay from HobbyConsolas.com
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Interview Arthur Parsons On The Most Ambitious LEGO Game Yet-1
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Walkthrough - Complete Demo Walkthrough
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Launch Trailer
- LEGO.com Videogames
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes IGN
- "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Confirmed for Next Gen Systems" at FBTB.net
- Goofing Around With Mister Fantastic - GameInformer
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Gameplay Demo - IGN Live - E3 2013
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: 5 Tips From E3 to Prep You for the Upcoming Release - YouTube
- Next-gen 'LEGO Marvel Super Heroes' has more LEGO, no loading - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk
- voice cast revealed
- Revealed Characters in IGN video
- DLC Characters
- The image right next to the cited text or main/only abilities
- Gameplay Trailer
- NYCC: Even More Characters Revealed for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!
- All Characters 2
- Character roster, cropped from E3 gameplay footage
- Revealed Characters at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con
- Level 8
- Walkthrough Part 2
- Designing the Stark Tower Level for Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Eurogamer Expo
- E3 Bifrost Gameplay
- Trailer with Stan Lee
- All Characters 1
- The Evolution of LEGO Character Design - YouTube
- Animating the Hulk in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
- Level 11
- Arthur Parsons hints at Fantastic Four
- Level 6
- Level 7
- Level 9
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes Trailer - Game Informer Coverage
- Level 5
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - E3 2013: Walkthrough
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes Interview with the Developers
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - I Am Iron Man - Achievement / Trophy
- Curt Connors
- Big Figure Trailer
- Walkthrough Part 1
- Playing Spider-Man in Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Level 12
- Open World
- Level 4
- Level 10
- Level 13
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Really? - Achievement / Trophy
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- LEGO Marvel SuperHeroes Interview! First gameplay revealed! Details on Open-World, Roster - YouTube
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
- EXCLUSIVE Lego Marvel Super Heroes Interview with TT Games