- “Chima; a magical world of untamed nature, beauty, and wonder. From the mysterious Mount Cavora, the Chi falls provide life, harmony, and power to the animals who inhabit the land. But the precious Chi orbs have become objects of desire and the animals have become divided.”
|Legends of Chima: The Animated Series|
January 16, 2013
Legends of Chima: The Animated Series is a TV series that began with two episodes on January 16, 2013 on Cartoon Network. The series continued with weekly episodes on July 10, 2013. It was intended to succeed Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. The series consists of 41 episodes divided into three seasons.
- 1 Episode List
- 2 Characters
- 3 Goofs
- 3.1 The Legend of Chima
- 3.2 The Great Story
- 3.3 The Joy Ride
- 3.4 Market Day
- 3.5 Attack on Eagle Spire
- 3.6 Gorillas Gone Wild
- 3.7 Foxtrot
- 3.8 The CHI Jackers
- 3.9 Balancing Act
- 3.10 Fake Chi, Real Trouble
- 3.11 Ravens vs Eagles
- 3.12 For Chima!
- 3.13 The Legend Thief
- 3.14 The Eagle and the Bear
- 3.15 Tooth or Consequences
- 3.16 Fire Dreaming
- 3.17 Attack of the Ice Clan
- 3.18 The Cresent
- 3.19 Cool and Collected
- 3.20 The Snowball Effect
- 4 Notes
- 5 Episode Summaries
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- Season 1
- The Legend of Chima
- The Great Story
- The Warrior Within
- The Joyride
- Market Day
- Attack on Eagle Spire
- The Hundred Year Moon
- The Biggest Race of All
- Gorillas Gone Wild
- The CHI Jackers
- Balancing Act
- Crocodile Tears
- Fake CHI, Real Trouble
- Ravens vs Eagles
- Reunion Gone Wrong
- Laval in Exile
- The Black Cloud
- Chima Falls
- For Chima!
- Season 2 Quest for the Legend Beasts
- Into the Outlands
- A Tangled Web
- The Legend Thief
- The Eagle and the Bear
- Tooth or Consequences
- This May Sting a Bit
- Season 3 Legend of the Fire Chi
- Fire Dreaming
- Attack of the Ice Clan
- The Call of Cavora
- Trial by Fire
- The Crescent
- Fired Up!
- Cool and Collected
- The Snowball Effect
- The King Thing
- A Very Slippery Slope
- The Artifact
- The Phoenix has Landed
- A Spark of Hope
- Wings of Fire
- The Heart of Cavora
- Main cast
The Legend of Chima
- When Cragger plugged an orb of Chi, Longtooth and a lion guard came in to the scene, then Cragger threw Laval out of the way and threw two guards out of the way, instead of Longtooth and a guard.
- When Cragger tried to get a orb of chi the second time, Leonidas, Lagravis, and Longtooth stopped him. Longtooth had a white cloak on in the first shot, after Worriz ran away, Longtooth didn't have a cloak on anymore.
- When the crazed Cragger runs past Worriz and Rogon, Worriz lacks his cape.
- In one of the shots of Mount Cavora, the crocodile head is to the left of the lion head, whereas in the rest of the series, the crocodile head is to the right of the lion.
- When the crocodile tanks arrive at the fangs and Cragger waves, he doesn't have his tail.
The Great Story
- During the battle at the Lion Temple, Gorzan is seen fighting in a Gorilla Striker for the battle, but in one scene he is seen fighting outside of the Striker.
- Lagravis's nose changes colors from a tan, to a black, then dark brown.
- When the tribes bow to the Lion Beast, Lagravis is seen without his cape and shoulder pads.
- As the legend beast leaves, multiple Eris's can be seen in the crowd.
The Joy Ride
- When Laval tells the beavers at the dam about the broken tank, Breezor can be seen despite being back at the Beaver Lodge.
- When Worriz is waving to the crowd after winning the race, he is temporarily replaced by a generic wolf in one shot.
Attack on Eagle Spire
- When Cragger orders the crocs to pull on the chains, he is missing his tail.
Gorillas Gone Wild
- When Grumlo presents the scroll near the end of the episode, both Laval and Lagravis lack their shoulder pads.
- When Breezor crashes his speedor, a generic beaver can be seen in place of him.
The CHI Jackers
- During the wolves chase of the beavers, one of the generic beavers switches from having white pants to green in between shots.
- While the lions transport the raven's Chi, a generic lion is seen on a speedor behind Laval's tank, but in one shot, Longtooth is seen in place of the generic lion.
- When the ravens catch their falling Chi, two Razars can be seen despite him not being a stock character.
Fake Chi, Real Trouble
- When Laval helps Bladvic up after the wolves escape with their Chi, the lion guards behind him and in the tank lack their crowns, but have them in the next shot.
- While Crooler talks to Cragger on the command ship, one of the croc guards has a chi orb in his chest despite not having a "chi-glow" around him.
- When Razar examines the orb of Chigull, two Rawzoms can be seen next to him, despite not being a stock character.
- In all scenes where Crug has an orb of Chigull, it's placed in his chest despite his Chi harness being around his stomach.
- Rogon claims he doesn't use the Chigull, yet earlier when the crocs handed them out, he took one and used it.
Ravens vs Eagles
- During the scene atop Spiral Mountain, Bladvic lacks his crown.
- When Laval says "Uh oh!" after the enemy tribes Chi-up, his mouth doesn't move.
- At the start of the second half, another Worriz can be seen in the ranks of wolves as the real Worriz talks to Crawley.
- Just before the Crocodile Beast returns, Laval's speedor can be seen amidst the wreckage of the other speedorz despite him having used it to head to the edge of the Outlands.
The Legend Thief
- When Razar goes to retrieve his secret weapon from his Speedor, ShadoWind's original Speedor can be seen next to his new one.
The Eagle and the Bear
- When Laval turns to Bladvic as the WindShdaow's door is closing, Bladvic is not wearing his shoulder pads, but in the next shot, he is.
Tooth or Consequences
- When a group of Crawlers run towards Laval after Bladvic falls asleep, the scorpions lack their tales, yet in the next shot, they have them.
- When Sir Fangar revives the Saber-tooth Tigers, Mammoths, and Vultures, Stealthor is the first one he goes to revive. Yet, when the camera points at all of the Hunters breaking out, Stealthor is not moving, as if Sir Fangar forgot about him.
Attack of the Ice Clan
- In one shot, Wilhurt lacks his cape.
- As seen in Fire Dreaming, any bodies or objects within a very close proximity of the hunters gets frozen. However, when Crug and Crawley spot them and call for the guards, the guards are frozen, even though Crug and Crawley are much closer to the hunters. This is an issue that occurs throughout this episode, and the rest of the 3rd season.
- When Mungus accidentally launches Vornon and Voom Voom into the air, Vornon speaks with Voom Voom's voice and personality, and vice versa. It is also unknown why the vultures fell down, as vultures can fly.
- When Voom Voom is showing the number of friends he has beside him, Vardy is seen next to him. However, as Vardy corrects him, he uses Vornon's voice.
Cool and Collected
- When Laval arrives with the Gorilla Legend, two Grumlos can be seen despite him not being a stock character.
- Windra has her cape when the Wolf Legend arrives, despite not wearing one in the prior episodes.
The Snowball Effect
- When Sir Fangar watches Li'ella leave the Crescent from his telescope, she is not wearing her paw token.
- Crominus, Cragger, Crunket, and Crooler (Royal Family) are the only members of the Crocodile tribe with tails.
- Leonidas, Crawley, and Male Crocodile all have at least 3 different variants (torsos).
- The Lion CHI Temple is referred to "the Lion City" in some episodes.
|Episode 1: The Legend of Chima|
|When Cragger the Crocodile is caught trying to steal CHI, the Lions call his parents, the King and Queen of the Crocodile tribe, resulting in misunderstandings that eventually develop into a full scale battle.|
|Episode 2: The Great Story|
|When Cragger disrupts the racing games during the CHI day festivities and attack the Lion City with the wolves and the ravens, the lions must call upon the Eagles and Gorillas but they learn that sometimes peace can be restored in the most unexpected ways.|
|Episode 3: The Warrior Within|
|Cragger, under the influence of Crooler's magical flower, tricks Laval into withholding the crocodiles' share of CHI, thus inflaming hostilities between the Lion and Croc tribes yet again.|
|Episode 4: The Joy Ride|
|When Cragger employs the beavers to build a dam that, when completed, will disrupt the flow of water from Mount Cavora, Laval must find a way to destroy the dam to restore the flow of the precious CHI water from Mt. Cavora.|
|Episode 5: Market Day|
|It's market day and the CHI celebration race for the Golden CHI is on but when the Ravens steal the golden orb, it looks like the race might not happen at all.|
|Episode 6: Attack on Eagle Spire|
|When Cragger attacks the Eagle Spires with the help of the Ravens, Laval and the Lions arrive to help the Eagles—but the Ravens realize that Cragger's plan might cause them to lose all their best customers and get second thoughts.|
|Episode 7: The Hundred Year Moon|
|Every hundred years, a Purple Moon occurs, causing the Wolves to lose all their primal instincts, and go completely out of control. Crooler had a deadly idea. She captured G'Loona, and tied her up to the Forever Rock, with a message and a bunch of bananas. Gorzan came to the Lions for help. Him and Laval went through the forest, but the Wolves had already destroyed. G'oona kept screaming, where Gorzan went to find her. The wolves wrecked their transportation, so they began walking, where they meant Skinnet. They then met Eris and Grumlo at the Gorilla Forest. The whole Gorilla Tribe went to get G'Loona, but Wonald the Wolf was bringing her back. Gorillas VS Wolf. The Gorillas didn't stand a chance against the Hundred Year Moon Wolves. When they got back to the Forest, it was day, and the hundred year moon was over.|
|Episode 8: The Biggest Race of All|
|When the CHI celebration races for the golden CHI are on again, everybody wants to win but a new mysterious racer called "Shadow Wind" emerges during the races—who is he?|
|Episode 9: Gorrilas Gone Wild|
|When Cragger angers the peace-loving Gorillas, they march to attack the Crocodiles in the Croc Swamp with their big battle mechs—can they defeat the crocs in their own swamp?|
|Episode 10: Foxtrot|
|When Crooler steals the Lions' share of CHI with the assistance of the Wolves, she pays them by throwing the ancient "Pledge of the Pack"—a long lost document where the wolves pledge their allegiance to the crocs—into the Gorge of Eternal Depth but the mysterious Shadow Wind unexpectedly turns up and hands the document over to the lions.|
|Episode 11: The Chi Jackers|
|When the wolves start ambushing the other Tribes and steal their CHI, the balance of Chima starts to shift as all tribes—except for the wolves that grow increasingly powerful—begin to run out of CHI.|
|Episode 12: Balancing Act|
|Earthquakes and thunder storms shake Chima as a result of the imbalance caused by the misappropriation of CHI and when the Eagles, during a ferocious storm, lose yet a supply of CHI into the Gorge of Eternal Depth, Laval, Eris and Gorzan attempt a dramatic recovery of the CHI.|
|Episode 13: Crocodile Tears|
|When Cragger and his Croc troops attempt to steal back some of the CHI the Wolves have stolen from the other tribes, they are captured and taken prisoner—but Laval is determined to help is old friend Cragger and attempts a daring rescue.|
|Episode 14: Fake Chi, Real Trouble|
|Cragger has been freed and wants to give out CHI to all tribes of CHIMA, but he has none. He employs a strange Raven alchemist to produce some fake CHI. But the fake CHI has some very unexpected side effects and the alchemist has an agenda of his own.|
|Episode 15: Ravens vs. Eagles|
|CHIMA is peaceful yet again. Laval and Cragger go on a joyful Speedor cruise. But the Ravens use the peace to move into Eagle Spires. The Eagles try to get rid of them, but the Ravens are very persistent. It will be up to Eris to trick them to leave.|
|Episode 16: Reunion Gone Wrong|
|Laval and Cragger attempt to get all of the tribes to agree on a lasting peace in CHIMA. But Crooler creates a strange fog that makes everyone become very powerful and angry ... especially Cragger. Soon the peace talks turn into one big fight and Laval must go to extreme lengths to save the day.|
|Episode 17: Laval in Exile|
|Laval's actions to break up the fighting at the peace talks force the Lion King Lagravis to exile his own son. Laval learns that Cragger has imprisoned his father in his absence. He must free him ... but how can he do that when he has been exiled?|
|Episode 18: The Black Cloud|
|A strange Black cloud has appeared around the floating Mt. Cavora, source of the CHI. Laval and Eris investigate but the cloud seems to fight back. The tribes of CHIMA must all join in the fight against the cloud. But the worst is yet to come...|
|Episode 19: Chima Falls|
|The CHI falls have run dry. Eris and the Beavers try to get to mount Cavora to learn why. The Crocodiles blame the Lions and are rallying the Wolves, Ravens and even Rhinos for a large scale attack to conquer the remaining CHI ... the greatest battle is imminent.|
|Episode 20: For Chima!|
|The CHI falls of Mt. Cavora are still not running. The Black Cloud still looms. The battle for the CHI is on. The Lion Temple is under attack and it is only a matter of time before is will be overrun by Crocodiles, Wolves, Ravens and Rhinos. Only Laval believes in a peaceful solution ... but it is a long shot.|
|Season 2 Quest for the Legend Beasts|
|Episode 1: Into the Outlands|
|In the Outlands the heroes learn the disturbing truth about the stolen CHI and the missing Legend Beasts. They must battle both the savage carnivorous Outland plants and the mysterious black cloud, but they also meet an enigmatic ally.|
|Episode 2: A Tangled Web|
|The heroes of CHIMA learn that the Gorilla and Rhino Legend Beasts have been captured by a Tribe of creepy Spiders. They must come up with a clever plan to defeat this massive threat. But why is Rogon behaving so strangely?!?|
|Episode 3: The Legend Thief|
|Things have started to go missing at our heroes' outpost. It turns out that The Legend Beast Raven has been stealing Golden CHI for a tribe of menacing Scorpions. Laval must convince the exiled Lion Lavertus to join them in their fight - by defeating him in a Speedor Race!|
|Episode 4: The Eagle and the Bear|
|The Scorpions and Spiders have set up a tricky trap and the heroes must free the Legend Beast Eagle and the Bear in a daring mission. Lavertus helps out, using his helicopter. But the Scorpions and Spiders have new vehicles of their own...Speedorz!|
|Episode 5: Tooth or Consequences|
|Worriz and Cragger go off on a mission of their own, but get captured by the Spiders. Now it is up the rest of the heroes to go on one last daring rescue mission. But Lavertus is reluctant to help when he learns that Cragger's father is also held captive.|
|Episode 6: This May Sting A Bit|
|In the Scorpion Cave, Laval has been separated from his friends and must overcome his greatest fear to rescue the Lion Legend Beast...or will it rescue him? Meanwhile, his friends battle the Scorpions, Bats and Spiders and face their biggest challenge yet...the fate of CHIMA will be decided today.|
|Season 3 Legend of the Fire Chi|
|Episode 1: Fire Dreaming|
|After the battles in the Outlands, all is well in CHIMA. But Eris is having disturbing dreams of fire...what do the dreams mean? In a deep dark cave, ancient Tribes of fierce Hunters awaken after thousands of years of dreamless sleep.|
|Episode 2: Attack of the Ice Clan|
|Led by the Saber Tooth Tiger Sir Fangar, the Hunters advance and their crushing ice spreads across CHIMA. In a battle of the Crocodile Swamp, the animal Tribes fight back but learn that their weapons are powerless against this new enemy.|
|Episode 3: The Call of Cavora|
|CHIMA is overrun by the Hunters who freeze everything in their path. Eris convinces Cragger and Laval that the answer to stop the Hunters is at the top of Mount Cavora. And in a daring climb, they access the mystical mountain.|
|Episode 4: Trial by Fire|
|The Hunters continue their relentless attacks on CHIMA. The Phoenix leader Fluminox tries to recruit Eris to join the Phoenix but is less enthusiastic about non-birds like Laval and Cragger.|
|Episode 5: The Crescent|
|By order of the Phoenix King, Laval, Cragger, Eris and their friends must defend a mysterious hill against the Hunter Tribes. They discover that the hill is strangely immune to the Hunters' Ice Powers.|
|Episode 6: Fired Up!|
|When the Tribes of Chima, armed with ample Fire Chi, launch a furious counter-assault against the Hunters, Fangar and his cohorts disappear underground. They now use an ancient tunnel system under Chima to move about.|
|Episode 7: Cool and Collected|
|Our heroes continue pushing back the Hunters with their Fire CHI powered vehicles but when they search the sites of the Hunters' attacks, they can't find any of the defeated animals...What has happened to them? All over Chima animals disappear without a trace.|
|Episode 8: The Snowball Effect|
|Laval and Li'Ella's relationship grows as he gives her a tour of the Lion City. But distracted, he misses a key battle against the Hunters. Tormak joins the fight and saves the day. But the Lion King Lagravis is captured and brought to the Ice Fort.|
|Episode 9: The King Thing|
|In his father's absence, Laval is forced to take over as King of the Lion Tribe...a role that does not suit him well. The Hunters launch yet another major attack on the Lion City. The Phoenix' must come to the rescue yet again but Fangar does not go down without a fight and gets the last word...|
|Episode 10: A Very Slippery Slope|
|Laval tries to mount a rescue to save the Kings and Li'Ella but Flinx accidentally thaws out fangars trophy room and they end up having to fight both the Hunters, Scorpions, Spiders and Bats. fangar gets a first- hand look at Flinx's power and is more intent than ever to capture the boy.|
|Episode 11: The Artifact|
|Desperate to save his daughter, Tormak betrays the Phoenix and steals the Map known as the Artifact. But the theft does not go as planned. Charred in an unexpected explosion, Tormak now finds himself pursued by both the Phoenix and the Hunters.|
|Episode 12: The Phoenix has Landed|
|Saddened to see his father distraught over the loss of the Map and his best friend Tormak, Flinx boldly sneaks off to confront Fangar on his own but falls into a clever trap.|
|Episode 13: A Spark of Hope|
|CHIMA is frozen. The heroes are trapped in the Gorge of Eternal Depth. The Hunters are preparing their ultimate assault on the Lion City and Mt. Cavora. Another legend is revealed and an ally from the past makes a surprising return.|
|Episode 14: Wings of Fire|
|Episode 15: The Heart of Cavora|