Lord Sam Sinister
|[List of appearances]|
- This article is about the main antagonist of the Adventurers theme. For the Adventurers Egypt minifigure, see Slyboots.
Lord Sam Sinister, (formerly known as Baron Von Baron/Barron, Sam Sanister/Sinister, Evil Eye and Mr. Hates) was the main villain from the Adventurers subthemes.
In most of his appearances from 1997 to 2001 (mainly from 1998 to 2000), he wore light gray pants, a tan button up sleeved safari shirt with a strapped satchel and black buckled belt, a hook hand in place of his left hand, and a black glove on his right hand. His face featured an evil smile, moustache, scar on his left cheek, monocle on his right eye, and nothing covering his left eye (hence one of his titles, Evil Eye). He has worn various hats/helmets in these years, most commonly a white pith helmet, but he has also worn different colored aviator helmets with various colored goggles. In most, but not all, of his appearances during these years, he wears white epaulettes. In some of the games he was featured in, he had slightly different appearances. When his appearance was completely re-vamped in the Orient Expedition theme, he wore a black version of his original shirt but with a brown belt and a white scarf, dark gray legs, no glove on his right hand, and a black top hat (or in 7417 Temple of Mount Everest, a black aviator helmet with dark gray goggles).
In the PC and PS2 versions of LEGO Racers 2, Sanister has no epaulettes, and no hook hand or black glove, but rather two dark grey gloves.
Lord Sam Sinister is a treasure hunter and an arch-rival of Johnny Thunder. While both he and Johnny Thunder collect treasures, Lord Sam Sinister keeps the treasures that he finds for himself, and has amassed an expansive personal collection. Aside from hunting for artifacts, in the Dino Island subtheme, Lord Sam Sinister and his goons capture dinosaurs.
While he functions as the main antagonist in most of the theme's subthemes, in the first subtheme, Egypt, he takes orders from Slyboots, who was at that point the one named "Sam Sinister". Technically, this means that someone named "Sam Sinister" was always the theme's main antagonist, even if the character was different.
In LEGO Racers, he is the boss of the 5th circuit. This is one of the few places he is shown to have a German accent.
In LEGO Island 2, Sam Sinister (now named Mr. Hates) captured Dinosaurs. The player had to save them by winching them out of cages, and then had to drop sandbags on Sam Sinister so that he would fall off his brachiosaurus, which shoots fire to stop you. He spoke in an English accent, and was working for The Brickster.
In LEGO Racers 2, Sanister was the boss of the Dino Island world. He had to be defeated in a race in order to acquire a very powerful power-up for the player's car engine.
In the Lost Kingdom adventure ride in LEGOLAND California, he appears to be the main villain.
Baron von Barron's Bio from an issue of LEGO Mania Magazine from 1998: (note: This was written back when Slyboots was called Sam Sinister, before "The Sam Sinister Switcheroo")
This is a description taken from LEGO Mania Magazine. Please do not modify it. Bad Guy
BARON VON BARRON
The Baron collects rare treasures from around the world and keeps them for himself. Even though it looks like the Baron is a real bad, bad guy, he really takes orders from the sinister Sam Sinister.
Sam Sinister's Bio from an issue of LEGO Mania Magazine from 2000:
This is a description taken from LEGO Mania Magazine. Please do not modify it. Villain
Sam Sinister (aka Baron von Barron)
Sam's hobby is stealing rare treasures for his own collection. The only person that has ever stopped him is Johnny Thunder. Sam says that if Johnny gets in his way he will use him as bait in a T-Rex trap.
Lord Sam Sinister's Bio from the Orient Expedition website:
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (see an archive of the product's page) Lord Sinister is Johnny's arch enemy. He is selfish and evil, with no limits to his ambition or greed. He has a huge private collection of ancient and valuable treasures from around the world and is always on the hunt for more.
- This minifigure is famous for his constantly changing name. When he first appeared in the original Adventurers Egypt sets in 1998, he was known as Baron von Barron, and was working with a man named Sam Sinister. He also appeared as Baron von Barron in LEGO Racers in 1999. However, next time he appeared on Dino Island, he was called Sam Sinister, the name of his old partner, who was now known as Slyboots. In LEGO Island 2, while he refers to himself as Sam Sinister, Pepper Roni and The Infomaniac refer to him Mr. Hates once each, and the level is called Mr. Hates' Camp. Even worse, LEGO Racers 2 and certain Adventurers sets referred to him as Sam Sanister. When Orient Expedition was released, he had even taken Slyboot's outfit, and by that time was dubbed Lord Sam Sinister. His true name shall perhaps always be a mystery, but it is probably Sam Sanister.[source?] LEGO has even joked about the confusion regarding his name.
- In one example of LEGO joking about the name changes, the Detective from Collectible Minifigures solved the case of "The Sam Sinister Switcheroo", which probably refers to him taking the name Sam Sinister while the original Sam Sinister was renamed Slyboots.
- In the GBA version of LEGO Racers 2, Sinister does not look sinister at all. Instead, he appears to look quite cute and harmless, despite his truly evil character. Some consider this unfortunate, feeling that it makes him less intimidating as the boss of Dino Island, especially in comparison to the PC and PS2 versions of the game. Similarly, in LEGO Stunt Rally, when Sinister is featured for a second or two in the opening cutscene of the game, he appears to actually be helping Johnny Thunder.
- 2879 Desert Expedition
- 3722 Treasure Tomb (Original)
- 5909 Treasure Raiders (Original)
- 5914 Sam Sinister and Baby T (Original)
- 5919 Treasure Tomb (Original)
- 5948 Desert Expedition (Original)
- 5955 All Terrain Trapper (Original)
- 5975 T-Rex Transport (Original)
- 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise (Original)
- 5988 Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins (Original)
- 2541 Adventures Car (Original Without Eggplates)
- 5928 Bi-Wing Baron (Original With Brown Pilot Helmet)
- 5920 Island Racer (Original With Grey Pilot Helmet)
- 3381 Lord Sam Sinister (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7409 Secret of the Tomb (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7414 Elephant Caravan (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7416 Emperor's Ship (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7418 Scorpion Palace (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7419 Dragon Fortress (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7424 Black Cruiser (Orient Expedition Variation)
- 7417 Temple of Mount Everest (Orient Expedition Variation With Black Pilot Helmet)
- Video Game Appearances
|Sam Sinister||No Epaulettes||Bi-Wing Baron Pilot||Island Racer Driver||Lord Sam Sinister||Lord Sam Sinister as a Pilot|
|Heroes:||Babloo | Dr. Kilroy | Harry Cane | Jing Lee | Johnny Thunder | Mike | Pippin Reed | Sherpa Sangye Dorje|
|Villains:||Alexia Sinister | Chang Wu | Dragon Fortress Guard | Lord Sam Sinister | Maharaja Lallu | Mr. Cunningham | Ngan Pa | Rudo Villano | Pharaoh Hotep | Scorpion Palace Guard | Señor Palomar | Slyboots|
|Neutral:||Achu | Dragon Fortress Statue | Gabarro|
|Creatures:||Jun-Chi | Tygurah | Yeti|
|view · talk · editLEGO Racers series|
|Video games:||LEGO Racers | LEGO Racers 2 | LEGO Racers (mobile)|
|Characters:||Achu | Admiral | Alpha Draconis | Ann Droid | Baron Rosso | Basil the Bat Lord | Black Jack Hawkins | Black Knight | Captain Redbeard | Cassiopeia | Chill | Commander Cold | Duster | Fireman Gavin | Frankie Solido | Freeze | Gail Storm | Ghost | Governor Broadside | Gypsy Moth | Islander | Joan of Kart | Johnny Thunder | King Kahuka | King Richard | Lightor | Lord Sam Sinister | Mac | Mike the Postman | Mr. Cunningham | Nova Hunter | P.C. Bobby | Pharaoh's Mummy | Pippin Reed | Riegel | Rob N. Hood | Roboracer | Rocket Racer | Scooter | Sam Sinister (LEGO Racers/Racers 2) | Snake | The Berg | Turbo Charger | Veronica Voltage | Warrior | Willa the Witch | Workman Fred|