The first movie and TV-based licensed themes were introduced in 1999, Star Wars and Winnie the Pooh. Lucasfilm's license with LEGO has lasted for quite some time, and is still ongoing. The Walt Disney Company has been quite on and off in terms of themes.
After the success of these licenses, Warner Bros. decided to jump into the action. They introduced Batman in 2006.
|Avatar: The Last Airbender||2006||Based on the Nickelodeon cartoon.|
|Disney's Baby Mickey||2000|
|Back to the Future||2013||A set (21103) based on the DeLorean from the Back to the Future films was released after passing the LEGO Cuusoo review.|
|Ben 10: Alien Force||2010||Constraction theme based on the Cartoon Network cartoon.|
|Bob the Builder||2001 - 2003, 2005 - 2009||Sets based on the children's cartoon were released under the DUPLO and Explore lines.|
|Cars||2010 - 2012, 2015|
|DC Universe Super Heroes||2012 - present|
|Discovery||2003||A line of Discovery Channel branded space-sets was released in 2003.|
|Doc McStuffins||2015||Two DUPLO sets based on the series are set for release in 2015.|
|Dora the Explorer||2004||This Explore theme included sets based on the cartoon.|
|Ferrari||2004 - 2009, 2012, 2014 - 2015|
|Galidor||2002||Based on the YTL/Fox Kids TV show.|
|Ghostbusters||2014||A LEGO Ideas set, based on the Ecto-1 from the film was released.|
|Harry Potter||2001 - 2005, 2007, 2010 - 2012||Based on the films. Four videogames were released, as well as a LEGO Game.|
|The Hobbit||2012 - 2014||Based on the film series. A video game and a board game have been released. See also The Lord of the Rings.|
|Indiana Jones||2008 - 2009||Based on the four Indiana Jones films. Two videogames were released.|
|Jake and the Never Land Pirates||2013 - 2014||A DUPLO theme based on the Disney Junior show.|
|Jurassic Park III||Released under the Studios line; based on the film. The sequel, Jurassic World, was also a theme.|
|Jurassic World||2015||Based on the 2015 film. The previous film, Jurassic Park III, was also a theme.|
|Lamborghini||2010||Two sets based on Lamborghini cars were released under the Racers theme.|
|The LEGO Movie||2014 - present||Based on The LEGO Movie. A videogame and collectable minifigure series were released.|
|Little Robots||2003 - 2004||This theme, based on the CBeebies show, received a little release in the countries which aired it.|
|The Lone Ranger||2013||Based on the film.|
|The Lord of the Rings||2012 - 2013||Based on the film series. A video game and LEGO Game was released, as well as a theme based on the related The Hobbit series.|
|Marvel Super Heroes||2012 - present||Spider-Man was previously released as a separate theme. A Juniors set was also released, as well as a video game. Includes sets based on the X-Men comic books, Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, and the films The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Iron Man 3. Sets based on Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man are scheduled for release in 2015.|
|Mickey Mouse||2000||Based on Disney mascot Mickey Mouse and related characters. A Baby theme called "Disney's Mickey Mouse" was also released. DUPLO sets were released under "Mickey Mouse and Friends" in 2012 and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" in 2014.|
|Mickey Mouse and Friends||2012||A DUPLO set was released. See also "Mickey Mouse", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Disney's Baby Mickey".|
|Mickey Mouse Clubhouse||2014 - 2015||A DUPLO set based on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show was released in 2014, with another set for 2015. See also "Mickey Mouse", "Mickey Mouse and Friends" and "Disney's Baby Mickey".|
|Minecraft||2012-present||Original set released under Ideas in 2012. Based on the video game.|
|Mixels||2014 - present||A joint venture between The LEGO Group and Cartoon Network, who air the television series. LEGO handle toy merchandising rights, while Cartoon Network handle other merchandise.|
|Phineas and Ferb||Unreleased||A LEGO Game, 3868 Phineas and Ferb, was planned for release, but cancelled. To have been based on the cartoon.|
|Pirates of the Caribbean||2011||Based on the film series. A video game was released.|
|Disney Planes||2013||The 2013 sets were based on the film, while the 2014 set was based on its sequel. The films themselves are a spin-off of "Cars".|
|Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time||2010||Based on the film.|
|Disney Princess||2012 - present||Both System and DUPLO sets were released, based on the Disney films Aladdin, Brave, Cinderella, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Tangled.|
|Scooby-Doo||2015||Based on the original cartoon series.|
|The Simpsons||2014 - present||Based on the Fox cartoon. A collectable Minifigures series was released.|
|Speed Champions||2015||Based on cars by manufacturers including Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche. Ferrari have previously been involved in the Racers theme.|
|Spider-Man||2002-2004||Sets were released under each film name, as well as under the Studios and 4 Juniors themes. Based on the films Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. Later revived as part of the Marvel Super Heroes theme.|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||2006-2009, 2011-2012||Based on the Nickelodeon cartoon.|
|Sofia the First||2015||DUPLO sets based on the Disney show are being released in 2015.|
|Star Wars||1999 - present||Based primarily on the films, however sets based on the The Clone Wars, The Yoda Chronicles and Rebels cartoons, The Force Unleashed and The Old Republic video games and other Expanded Universe elements have also been released. Multiple LEGO Star Wars video board games have been released, as have TECHNIC sets and a LEGO Game.|
|Team GB||2012||A line of Minifigures wearing Team GB outfits were released to coincide with the 2012 Olympics.|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||2013 - 2014||Based on the 2012 TV series and the 2014 film.|
|Thomas & Friends||2005 - 2009||DUPLO sets based on the TV show usually worked with the DUPLO Train rail system.|
|Toy Story||2010||Based on the Pixar films. Both DUPLO and System sets were released|
|Winnie the Pooh||2001, 2011||Based on the Disney franchise.|
|Air Canada||1987-1988||Promotional Air Canada branded helicopter and aeroplane sets were released in the late eighties.|
|BR||2013||A promotional minifigure for Danish toy store BR was released in 2013.|
|Coca-Cola||2002||A series of footballers with "Coca-Cola" logos on their shirts were released in Japan as part of Coca-Cola's 2002 World Cup promotion.|
|Color Line||1993||A set based on a Color Line ferry was released.|
|DSB Ferries||1995||A set based on DSB's ship "Kronprins Frederik"|
|Finnline Ferries||1977||A set was released based on a Finnlines ferry.|
|Lufthansa||2015||A promotional set is to be released on Lufthansa fights.|
|Nesquick||2001||Two promotional Studios sets were released, which included the Nesquick bunny, Quicky, as a minifigure.|
|Ramboll||2008||A set based on a Ramboll oil platform was a promotional set in 2008, and not available through retail.|
|Shell||2014||Vehicles with Shell branding have been commonly released, usually under cross-promotion with Shell. A Shell-Ferrari promotion was released in 2014, although due to complaints by groups such as Greenpeace, LEGO and Shell's partnership has now ended.|
|Silja Line||1977, 1981, 1986, 1990||Multiple sets based on Silja Line ferries were released.|
|Stena Line||1991, 1998, 1999||Multiple sets based on Stena Line ferries were released.|
|Toys R Us||2013||A polybag of Toys R Us' mascot was released in 2013.|
|Viking Line||1982, 1985, 1989, 1992||Multiple sets based on Viking Line ferries were released.|
|Williams F1||2002 - 2003||Two Williams F1 sets were released under the Racers theme.|
- A new DUPLO license, Winnie the Pooh, starts.
- Star Wars starts.
- Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace sets released.
- Mickey Mouse sets were released.
- Disney's Baby Mickey sets were released.
- First licensed Key Chains were released.
- First Star Wars TECHNIC set was released.
- Bob the Builder had its first DUPLO release.
- Harry Potter was released.
- LEGO Creator: Harry Potter was released on PC.
- Studios subtheme Jurassic Park III was released.
- DUPLO Winnie the Pooh was discontinued.
- Bob the Builder became part of Explore.
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones sets were released.
- First Star Wars Mini set was released.
- LEGO Creator: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was released on PC.
- Williams F1 sets were released.
- Galidor was released, then later discontinued.
- Spider-Man was released as a Studios subtheme.
- Little Robots was released.
- Spider-Man became an independent theme.
- Sports Basketball was released, and included licensed players and shirts.
- Discovery started, based on NASA space missions.
- Williams F1 was discontinued.
- Ferrari was released in DUPLO form, however, it lasted only a year.
- Ferrari was released under Racers.
- Dora the Explorer was released, part of Explore. This theme included sets based on Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go.
- Spider-Man was released in 4 Juniors.
- Little Robots was discontinued.
- Bob the Builder returned to DUPLO from Explore.
- Thomas and Friends started as part of DUPLO Trains.
- Little Robots was discontinued.
- Spider-Man was discontinued.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith sets were released.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game was released on GameCube, XBOX, GameBoy Advance, Playstation 2 and PC.
- Batman started.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender was released and later discontinued.
- SpongeBob SquarePants is released.
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy released on GameCube, Playstation 2 GameBoy Advance, Nintendo DS, XBOX, XBOX 360 PlayStation Portable and PC.
- Last Harry Potter release until 2010.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga was released on Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 and Nintendo DS
- First Star Wars Battle packs were released.
- The Star Wars license was scheduled to end, but got renewed.
- Harry Potter was discontinued for the first time.
- Indiana Jones started.
- Speed Racer was introduced.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars started.
- LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures was released on Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, Playstation 2, Xbox 360 PC and Nintendo Wii.
- LEGO Batman: The Video Game was released on Nintendo DS, PC, Playstation 2, PlayStation Portable, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.
- Batman ended.
- SpongeBob SquarePants was discontinued.
- First Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sets were released.
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues was released.
- LEGO Rock Band was released.
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 was released.
- Ben 10: Alien Force was introduced and later discontinued.
- Cars DUPLO was introduced.
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was introduced and ends.
- Toy Story was introduced and later discontinued.
- Harry Potter was re-introduced.
- Indiana Jones was discontinued.
- License with Star Wars was originally scheduled to end, but was renewed.
- Pirates of the Carribean was introdiced.
- Cars was released in System form.
- Promotional pre-release Super Heroes sets were available.
- SpongeBob SquarePants was re-introduced.
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars was released on Wii, Nintendo DS, Playstation 3, PSP, Xbox360 and PC.
- LEGO Pirates of the Carribean: The Video Game was released on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, PC, Nintendo DS and PSP.
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 was released on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, PC, Nintendo DS and PSP.
- Super Heroes was introduced with three subthemes: Marvel, DC Universe, and Ultrabuild.
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes was released in June.
- A new DUPLO subtheme, Disney Princesses, was introduced.
- The Lord of The Rings was introduced in June, and The Hobbit was introduced in November.
- Harry Potter (Theme) was discontinued.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was introduced officially in January.
- The Lone Ranger was introduced in April.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates was introduced in August.
- Planes was introduced in August.
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes was released in October on the Playstation Vita, 3DS, DS, Wii U, PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.