Laser Gun (Old) rifle
|[List of appearances]|
- ―IG-88 [src]
IG-88 is a LEGO Star Wars-themed Minifigure released in 2006. He was a droid bounty hunter that operated during the Galactic Civil War. IG-88 was a rival of Boba Fett, another Bounty Hunter. Of the IG Assassin Droid line, IG-88 was hired by Darth Vader to capture Han Solo, along with Dengar, Bossk, and Boba Fett. In the video game LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, IG-88 can access bounty hunter, protocol droid, and astromech droid panel doors.
The droid is mainly Metallic Silver, with one part in Transparent Flourescent Reddish-Orange. It is extremely similar in looks to the ordinary Assassin Droid. The 2011 redesign is entirely Dark Stone Grey with one printed piece.
IG-88 was a droid created by a group of scientists, along with the other droids. However, the intelligence programs with which he was outfitted caused them to rebel, killing his creators. The droid took over Mechis III to serve as a base, IG-88 took up a career as bounty hunting to distract attention from Mechis III. When the hunt for Han Solo began IG-88 went with Boba Fett to Cloud City, IG-88 however escaped with him from Lando, Leia and Chewbacca on Slave I.
- In the UCS set, 10188 Death Star an assassin droid made of white pieces and a black neck piece is often referred to as a variant of IG-88, but it is only called Assassin Droid on the box.
- Part:4589 (1, Lower head)
- Part:4073 (2, Upper head pieces)
- Part:48729 (1, Neck)
- Part:30375 (1, Torso)
- Part:30377 (2, Arms)
- Part:30376 (1, Legs)
Gallery of Variants
Video game variants
- 6209 Slave I (2006 variant)
- 10221 UCS Super Star Destroyer (2011 variant)
- 75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack (2017 variant)
Video Game Appearances
- 5004357 LEGO Star Wars: The Dark Side (page 82)