|Elite Assassin Droid|
See Assassin Droid
|[List of appearances]|
An Elite Assassin Droid, in some cases just referred to as an Assassin Droid, was a minifigure of an IG-series Assassin Droid from the Star Wars universe. Elite Assassin Droids come in a black colour as opposed to the standard silver.
The Elite Assassin Droid has plain black pieces, except for one transparent orange stud used in the head. This head is made up of a clip which joins the head to the torso, black cone which is attached to the clip, the transparent orange stud to represent photoreceptors, and a black stud on top for the top of the head. The torso, legs and arms are all the same as the pieces used in a standard Battle Droid, but in black. One arm is turned so that the droid is able to hold a blaster.
In LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, he can open bounty hunter, protocol droid, astromech droid, and TX-20 droid panels. He can also throw thermal detonators and has the ability to enter a sniper mode.
IG-86 sentinel droids were a model of sentinel droids designed to act as bodyguards or security droids, however were often also used as assassins. Ziro the Hutt made use of these droids during the Clone Wars, as did the Confederacy of Independent Systems in some cases. These CIS IG-86 droids often rode speeder bikes into battle. After the Clone Wars, IG-86 sentinel droids developed into IG-88 assassin droids.
- The black droids in 8015 Assassin Droids Battle Pack were each referred to as an "Elite Assassin Droid", however the ones subsequently released in 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder and 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship have just been referred to as "Assassin Droid".
IG-86 in LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars.
- 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship
- 8015 Assassin Droids Battle Pack (Two)
- 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder
- 66341 Star Wars 3 in 1 Superpack (Two)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars