|Emperor's Royal Guard|
|[List of appearances]|
An Emperor's Royal Guard, also referred to as an Imperial Royal Guard or just a Royal Guard, were the personal guard of Emperor Palpatine. A guard would carry a force pike as a weapon, and they were all dressed in red. They were trained as great warriors, and were known as the best, being suitable for guarding important Imperial figures.
Royal Guards have red arms and legs, and the torso piece has red cloak details. They also have black heads and a red helmet. Royal Guards come with black spears which are supposed to be Force pikes and red capes.
Video game variants
In LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the Imperial Royal Guard's abilities consist of the following:
- Can plug into staff sockets
The Emperor's Royal Guards were some of the most elite of the Empire's forces, used to guard mainly Emperor Palpatine, but were sometimes used by other important Imperial figures. They were hand picked by the Emperor and under went intense training. Failure usually meant death. Out of a class of 40 cadets, only 5-7 survived training. The Royal Guards were wiped out mostly after the Battle of Endor. Notable Royal Guards include Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax.
- Celebration IV Set (2, black hands)
- 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer (2, black hands)
- 7166 Imperial Shuttle (2, red hands)
- 7264 Imperial Inspection (2, red hands)
- 10188 Death Star (2, black hands)
- 75034 Death Star Troopers (2, 2014 redesign)
- 75093 Death Star Final Duel (2, 2014 redesign)
- 852085 LEGO Star Wars Magnet Set (black hands)
- 852552 Magnet Set Royal Guard 2009 (black hands)
Video game appearances
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens