|System → Star Wars → Episode V The Empire Strikes Back7748 << 7749 >> 7750
7 - 12
Description[edit | edit source]
This set features a battery turret and a snow bank. The turret has two missiles which can be fired at the same time by pushing a TECHNIC rod at the back of the turret. Two minifigures are capable of fitting inside the gun turret; one standing in the column, and one sitting in the top, although the hatch must be opened and the minifigure is exposed. The snow bank fits two minifigures which can stand on a flip back mechanism which flips the minifigures backwards like they have been blown up or hit by enemy fire when it is pushed down.
The set also contains a grey box with a white lid, in which Han's electro-binoculars can be placed. A cord leads from the snow bank to the gun turret. One of the Snowtroopers is equipped with an E-web blaster whilst the other is equipped with a Blaster. The Rebel Troopers included feature the new goggles which are more accurate to the movie than the previous design seen in 7666 Hoth Rebel Base. Han Solo has a unique appearance is this set, having the same body, legs, and head as in 4504 Millennium Falcon, but without any hair, and with a blue parka hood with fur printing. The Snowtroopers are the same as in every other set with them.
Background[edit | edit source]
After Episode IV, the Rebel Alliance built a secret base, called Echo Base, on Hoth. The Empire discovered it by sending out Probe Droids, one of which sent information back to the Imperial Fleet about the Rebel's base. The Empire sent AT-ATs and AT-STs to destroy the base. The Rebel Alliance sent the Rogue Squadron of Snowspeeders to take down the attacking force. The scene in this set shows a confrontation with Snowtroopers and Rebel Hoth Troopers. This exact scene did not take place in the movie, as Han Solo was only riding a Tauntaun before the attack, and was wearing his normal clothes and readying the Millennium Falcon for takeoff at the time of the attack.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Lego.com website, on the set's homepage, two 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack sets can be seen in the background. It is unknown why they are there.
- This set also appeared in the mini-movie The Quest for R2-D2, but it was used by Clone Troopers.
- This is the second set that includes part of the Hoth Echo Base, the first being 7666 Hoth Rebel Base and the third being 7879 Hoth Echo Base, although they do each include a separate part of the base.
Minifigures Included[edit | edit source]
Other figures[edit | edit source]
LEGO.com Description[edit | edit source]
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. Recreate the Battle of Hoth!
It’s the 10th anniversary of LEGO® Star Wars, and Imperial forces are invading the Rebels’ secret base on the ice planet Hoth! As Han Solo leaves for a mission on his tauntaun, snowtroopers attack with their heavy repeating blaster. It’s up to the Rebel Alliance troopers to fight back with their missile-firing defense turret and trench with figure-flinging battle action. Includes 2 Snowtroopers, 2 Hoth Rebel Soldiers, Han Solo with Hoth gear, and the first-ever LEGO Tauntaun!
- Includes 5 minifigures: 2 snow troopers with E-web blaster, 2 Rebel troopers and Han Solo in Hoth winter gear!
- Features anti-infantry laser battery with opening turret door and flick fire missiles!
- First-ever LEGO Tauntaun also included!
- Turret is 3½ inches (8.9cm)tall; trenches are 4½ inches (11.4cm) long!