|[List of appearances]|
Watto was a Toydarian junkyard dealer who once owned Anakin Skywalker and his mother Shmi as slaves, until he was freed when he won the Mos Espa Podrace. A LEGO minifigure of him was first introduced in 2001, he has appeared in two video games since, before having a re-design in 2011.
He owned a small junk parts shop in the town of Mos Espa on Tatooine. Every podracer pilot on Tatooine - and beyond - knew about his shop. There, customers could purchase all sorts of parts to upgrade their podracer or any other vehicle, although one of Watto's policies stated that he would not accept Republic credits.
Also, his species is not affected by Jedi mind tricks (as Qui-Gon Jinn tried to use a Force trick on him in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, to no avail).
Watto first appeared as a physical minifigure in a set of his Junk Shop. In 2005, this incarnation of him appeared in a cut-scene from LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game. He is not a playable character. Watto returns in the same incarnation in LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga in 2007, this time as a playable character.
The physical minifigure of Watto was later re-designed in 2011, featured in 7962 Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers.
- Part:30563 (Head)
- Part:970c00 (Legs)
- Part:973 (Torso)
- In LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Watto is unlockable, but his moveset and sounds are identical to those of the Geonosian and he has a Jawa's blaster. However in a cutscene he sounds like himself.
- In the first set Watto comes in, he stands on a transparent 1x2 brick to mimic his constant flight.
Gallery of Variants
- 7186 Watto's Junkyard (Original)
- 7962 Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers (Redesign)
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (non-playable)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (The Prequel Trilogy Character Pack)
Watto in his shop during LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.