DC Comics Super Heroes
|DC Comics Super Heroes|
- This article is about the theme. For the company, see DC Comics (company). For the sets from 2006-2008, see Batman (Theme).
DC Comics Super Heroes, previously known as DC Universe Super Heroes, is a Super Heroes theme introduced in 2012, with preview edition Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman minifigures being given away at the San Diego and New York Comic Cons in 2011. Like its Marvel-based counterpart, sets draw inspiration from movies, cartoons, and comics based on DC properties featuring characters such as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Justice League, and the Teen Titans.
The DC Universe has gone through a number of iterations through different media, and the LEGO theme reflects several of them, rather than being purely based on one. Different sets contain aspects from classic and Post-Crisis comics while others veer towards influences from the recent The New 52 reboot, and others still take from Batman: Arkham City or cartoons such as Teen Titans Go!. It is not unusual for these versions and for pieces which were created purely for the theme, such as The Joker's steamroller or The Riddler in a racing jacket, to be mixed into a single set. 76035 Jokerland, for example, includes Teen Titans minifigures which resemble their animated appearances and classic versions of The Joker and Poison Ivy while Batman and Harley Quinn's costumes are taken from The New 52. Movie sets, based on The Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel, have had their films' content included only in their respective sets. Some items in Batman sets, such as his black suit and the Jokerland Batmobile, do, however, bear at least a passing resemblance to the 1989 Batman film.
The DC Comics theme has been, predominately, revolved around Batman and Gotham City. Batman's vehicles are slick and curvy, often black with yellow highlights. This makes them more colourful than many of the vehicles which were included in Batman.
The DC Universe is a shared universe populated primarily by superheroes, costumed crimefighters, and villains which live in both real and fictional cities. Its world includes such disparate elements from various genres including alien societies such as Thanagar and Krypton, humans with superpowers and access to futuristic technology, an organization of space cops who create hard light constructs, hidden communities of magicians, and lost cities of Amazons and Atlanteans. At the forefront of this universe is the Justice League, a team founded by seven premier superheroes to repel an alien invasion. The founding members of the Justice League are not always consistent between versions, but traditionally include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter, with Cyborg replacing The Martian in more recent incarnations.
Three sets are based on The Dark Knight trilogy, which takes place in a "realistic" world with grounded versions of Batman, his artillery, and villains such as The Joker and Bane.
Sets have also been released for 2013's Man of Steel and been announced for its followup, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which are part of a budding shared universe between DC movies, resembling the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In this world, after Clark Kent discovers his heritage in the wake of an invasion of aliens from his home planet, he emerges as Superman, becoming a figure of controversy as mankind discovers that it is sharing its universe and planet with beings that possess godlike power. Following Superman's reveal, other heroes who have been operating secretly, such as Batman and Wonder Woman, come out of the shadows and into the public eye.
|4526||Batman||40||$14.99 / €14.99||December 20, 2011/January 2012|
|4527||The Joker||57||$14.99 / €14.99||2012|
|4528||Green Lantern||38||$14.99 / €14.99||December 20, 2011 (Latin America) / 2012 (USA)|
|5000728||DC Universe Super Heroes Collection||2012|
- Ultrabuild Combiners
- Joker and Green Lantern Combiner Model One
- Joker and Green Lantern Combiner Model Two
- Batman and Green Lantern Combiner Model
- DC Ultrabuild Combiner Model
|LEGO||Batman 2: DC Super Heroes||$49.99 (Xbox and PS3) / 39.99 (Wii, 3DS) / 29.99 (DS) / 19.99 (PC) / €49.99 (Xbox and PS3) / 39.99 (Wii) / 29.99 (DS and PC)|
|No image||LEGO||Batman 3: Beyond Gotham|
|No image||LEGO||Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite|
|No image||LEGO||DC Comics: Justice League vs. Bizarro League|
|LEGO||DC Comics Super Heroes - Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom!|
|No image||LEGO||Super Heroes DC Comics - Justice League: Cosmic Clash|
|853429||Batman Key Chain||1||$4.99 / €3.99||2012|
|853430||Superman Key Chain||1||$4.99 / €3.99||2012|
|853431||Batman, Robin, The Joker Magnet Set||3||Batman, Robin, The Joker||$14.99 / €9.99||2012|
|853433||Wonder Woman Key Chain||1||$4.99 / €3.99||2012|
|850815||Arctic Batman Key Chain||1||$4.99||2013|
|No image||LEGO||Batman: The Visual Dictionary|
|No image||LEGO||Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Comic Book|
|No image||LEGO||Batman 2: DC Super Heroes: Prima Official Game Guide|
|No image||LEGO||DC: Batman 8x8 1|
|No image||LEGO||DC: Batman 8x8 2|
- DC is the company that publishes the BIONICLE and Hero Factory comic books.
DC characters have also appeared in several other themes and toylines, including Batman, The LEGO Movie, Dimensions, Juniors, DUPLO, Ultrabuild, and Games. As such, some variants exclusive to products from those lines are not specified in the list below. If they appear in one of those products with a variant which appears in the Super Heroes theme, it is not noted. At least one DC character (Killer Croc) who has been released in a set from one of these lines has not yet appeared in a Super Heroes set and is therefore not included.
All characters, including ones who appear in movies or are playable in video games, can be found here.
- Aquaman (Also has a Dimensions variant)
- Batgirl (Also has a Microfigure version)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne, Black, Blue, Black wings, Blue wings, Electro, Arctic, Scuba, Space, The Dark Knight Rises, Beware the Batman, Batman Begins, Batman v Superman, Batman v Superman Power Armor, The New 52, and Zur-En-Arrh! variants; also has Juniors, DUPLO, Microfigure, Ultrabuild, Batman, The LEGO Movie, and Dimensions versions)
- Beast Boy
- Green Arrow (Comic Con and Hoodless variants)
- Green Lantern (Green Lantern and The New 52 variants; also has an Ultrabuild version)
- Lightning Lad
- Martian Manhunter (The New 52 and Classic variants)
- Nightwing (Also has Microfigure and Batman versions)
- Plastic Man
- Robin (Modern, Hooded, Scuba, Damian Wayne, and Dick Grayson variants; also has Juniors, Microfigure, and Batman versions)
- Superman (Black suit, Classic, Clark Kent, Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and Classic Heat Vision variants; also has DUPLO and Dimensions versions)
- The Flash
- Wonder Woman (Classic, The New 52, and Batman v Superman variants; also has a DUPLO version)
- Bane (Classic and The Dark Knight Rises variants; also has Batman and Dimensions versions)
- Black Manta
- Captain Cold
- Catwoman (Also has DUPLO and Batman versions)
- General Zod (Bodysuit and Combat Armour variants)
- Gorilla Grodd
- Harley Quinn (Classic, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, 2016, and The New 52 variants; also has a Batman version)
- Lex Luthor (Suit, Warsuit, and Batman v Superman variants)
- Mr. Freeze (Also has Microfigure and Batman versions)
- Poison Ivy (Also has a Batman version)
- The Joker (Regular, Gangster, Inmate, and The Dark Knight variants; also has DUPLO, Microfigure, Ultrabuild, and Batman versions)
- The Penguin (Suit and Fur Coat variants; also has a Batman version)
- The Riddler (Spandex and Racing Suit variants; also has Microfigure and Batman versions)
- The Scarecrow (Also has a Batman version)
- The Trickster
- Two-Face (Also has Microfigure and Batman versions)
- Colonel Hardy
- Commissioner Gordon
- Truck Driver
- Joker Henchman (Regular and Deconstruction variants; also has a Batman version)
- LexCorp Henchman
- Lois Lane (Man of Steel and Batman v Superman variants)
- Penguin Minion (Also has a Batman version)
- Two-Face Henchman (Also has a Batman version)
The first wave of DC System sets, minus 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape