|System → Star Wars → Classic9491 << 9492 >> 9493|
9492 TIE Fighter is a Classic Star Wars set released in 2012. It includes redesigned TIE Fighter Pilot and Death Star Trooper minifigures, along with an Imperial Officer and an all-new Astromech Droid, R5-J2.
The set consists of a single model, that of a TIE fighter. The main body of the vehicle is shaped like a sphere, with branches connecting to the 'wings'. Inside the sphere is a space for a minifigure to sit and pilot the vehicle. The top of the cockpit can open, allowing playability inside the model. The cockpit inside has several details, such as computer screens and levers. Underneath the cockpit is placed a pair of red-tipped flick-fire missiles, which can be launched from the back. The cockpit's extensions eventually flare out and connect to the two massive, hexagonal wings, or solar panels. These are built with mainly black pieces, although light grey is featured as detailing.
Four minifugures are also included: that of the astromech droid R5-J2, a TIE Fighter Pilot, a Death Star Trooper, and an Imperial Officer. All of these contain printing and accessories normal to their respective types.
- The set features the eighth incarnation of a TIE Fighter. and the fifth to be minifigure-scaled. This version is the first to adapt to the same stone grey patterning of recent TIE fighters, such as 8017 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.
- This is the first, and so far only, set to include R5-J2.
- The Death Star Trooper's helmet is redesigned.
- The Imperial Officer has black hand pieces to look like gloves.
- The TIE fighter appears on the front page of the official Autumn 2011 LEGO catalogue in the background.
- The Death Star Trooper has a two-sided printed face; one side features him with a grimace and a chin-strap, while the other side has the same with goggles as well
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it. (visit this item's product page) Scour the stars for Rebel forces in the TIE Fighter!
Hunt down the Rebels in the iconic TIE Fighter! Equipped with dual flick missiles and opening cockpit, this instantly recognizable and hugely popular starship of the Imperial fleet returns to battle the Rebel Alliance once again! Includes 4 minifigures: TIE Fighter Pilot, Imperial Officer, Death Star Trooper and R5-J2 Droid.
- Includes 4 minifigures: TIE Fighter Pilot, Imperial Officer, new Death Star Trooper and R5-J2 Droid
- Features TIE Fighter and 1 blaster
- TIE Fighter features opening cockpit and dual flick missiles
- Battle the 9493 X-wing Starfighter!
- TIE Fighter measures over 9” (23cm) tall and 6” (17cm) wide
- LEGO Shop
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds