|System → Star Wars → Episode II Attack of the Clones4477 << 4478 >> 4479|
7 - 12
The starfighter is built using a SNOT technique, with studs facing outwards on the top, bottom, and both sides. The side parts were identical. The top and bottom were not identical, but were very similar. The top had a hollow part in which the Geonosian Pilot could be placed. It was armed with a single gun, unlike the 2011 version, which also had a bomb/missile. It could rotate two ways independently. The engine was built in a similar way, and could also rotate.
The set also included a LR1K cannon, which the Geonosian Warrior worked. He stood on a brick connected to the gun, and his hands grasped some controls.The whole assembly could rotate on its base. The gun itself was built with a TECHNIC bar with various round pieces connected to it.
The Geonosian starfighter was a ship originally designed for the Geonosians to guard their territory with. The one-being starfighter was commonly armed with a laser cannon turret and a warhead launcher. Two of these starfighters guarded Separatist leader Count Dooku who was fleeing during the First Battle of Geonosis. The starfighters managed to destroy a pursuing Republic LAAT/i carrying Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, but not before the Jedi managed to disembark their ship. Geonosian starfighters saw use in several other battles during the Clone Wars.
The Geonosian sonic cannon was also used during the First Battle of Geonosis by the Geonosians, and produced a sphere of high impact concussive energy so powerful that it had the ability to instantly kill most enemies on a direct hit. The cannons were rushed into production by Poggle the Lesser when he joined the Separatists, and a number of the cannons were present in the Geonosian execution arena. The cannons were deployed in later battles on Geonosis throughout the Clone Wars.
- This was the only set ever to include Geonosian Battle Droid . The Battle Droids were coloured a brown/maroon-ish colour, instead of the normal tan.
- It was released in 2003 in a black box, then again in 2004 in a blue one.
- A second Geonosian starfighter, 7959 Geonosian Starfighter, was released in summer 2011.
- A second set based around the LR1K cannon was made in 2012 called 9491 Geonosian Cannon.
This is a description taken from LEGO.com. Please do not modify it.
Stop the Geonosian fighters before it's too late!
The Clone Wars have begun! Squads of Geonosian fighters are challenging the Jedi – and with their speed and maneuverability, they just might win! Manned by winged Geonosian pilots and assisted by battle droids, it will take all of the Jedi's skill to stop them.
- Includes 2 battles droids, 1 Geonosian pilot and 1 Geonosian soldier.
- See a price and investment guide on BrickPicker.com
- See products for sale on Brick Classifieds